Central Switzerland Geocoin

rigicache

The second edition of the golden and silver Central Switzerland Geocoin is available for preorder. Anyone who wants to check them out, here's the link:

Central Switzerland Geocoin

coin_groundspeak.jpg

Coin description front side:

The coin shows the relief of the great William Tell and his son Walter. In the background is a very detailed compass rose.

Coin description back side:

You see the names of all six Central Switzerland counties and the surroundings of Switzerland. The middle of Switzerland is specially marked. Around and under the map of Switzerland are the coordinates for the middle of Switzerland.

The black edition was a limited edition. Therefore we don't produce a second edition for this one.

Am I correct in understanding that the only way to pay for these coins is interbank transfer? There's no Paypal option?

Edited to add: and that these coins are roughly $13.50 each, with approximately $9 charged for shipping? Is that regardless of whether you order 1 coin or 10?

Edited by Jackalgirl

@all: It is possible to pay via PayPal. Just mark on our order form the payment method and you will get a PayPal invoice.

Please note that we spent a lot of time in design and production (6 months). The price is absolutely fair as this coin is made of different metalls, colors and 3D shape. I have seen many coins with lower quality for a much higher price in Europe... At last it's your decision whether you want to have one of these or not.

Moderator edit to cross out old information. This does not apply to the new coin coming out in 2010.

Edited by Eartha

I didn't state that they were too much, although the price is on the high end. I'm not sure that I agree that 3D on one side of the coin and two different (standard) metal platings justifies this high of a cost. On the other hand, the purpose of the coin is to support a geocaching organization, correct? And it is a handsome coin. So that kind of balances out the cost equation. : )

My mistake on the shipping cost -- it's equivalent to roughly $8 since it's not $9, but CHF 9.

Still, that seems high. The shipping raises the cost of the coin to $21.50 for a single coin. That is awfully high. Is that truly what it costs to ship a single coin internationally from Switzerland?

Don't get me wrong; I like the coin a lot. It is, as I've said, a very handsome coin. I don't know, though, that I like it to the tune of $21.50.

Today we received a note of our coin manufacturer. The second edition of the golden and silver edition will soon be in our hands. We have a confirmation with a shipping date of June 15th. So in less than three weeks we'll be able to deliver. There are still some coins to have. Don't hesitate to wait too long :P

We are proud to present you the third edition of our golden and silver Central Switzerland Geocoin. These coins are already ordered and ready for preorder. There's also a new edition in copper look. Anyone who wants to check them out, here's the link:

coin_web_listing_english.jpg

Coin description front side:

The coin shows the relief of the great William Tell and his son Walter. In the background is a very detailed compass rose.

Coin description back side:

You see the names of all six Central Switzerland counties and the surroundings of Switzerland. The middle of Switzerland is specially marked. Around and under the map of Switzerland are the coordinates for the middle of Switzerland.

Please note the only way to pay for these coins is interbank transfer.

Here is another picture of our golden edition:

geocoin_central_switzerland.jpg

The prices are 15 Swiss francs each. The freight charges are 9 Swiss francs per shipping regardless of whether you order 1 or 10 coins. Swiss francs are nearly at the same level as US$ (1 CHF = 1 USD).

Merging with original thread. One coin, one thread.

That is a great coin and I would love to have one or two. I am a father of two small boys so this coin really speaks to me. However, the cost with shipping is through the roof. It would be nice if non-US vendors could hook up with US vendors to bring down shipping costs. In other words, send 50 coins in one package to the US and then distribute them from there. This is probably too much work, but it would be nice.

@all: It is possible to pay via PayPal. Just mark on our order form the payment method and you will get a PayPal invoice.

Please note that we spent a lot of time in design and production (6 months). The price is absolutely fair as this coin is made of different metalls, colors and 3D shape. I have seen many coins with lower quality for a much higher price in Europe... At last it's your decision whether you want to have one of these or not.

--> PayPal is not possible. This post is from last year.

Edited by Eartha

--> PayPal is not possible. This post is from last year.

I fixed that post for you.