Garmin 62s: battery compartment too tight

LucaPCP

I have recently bought a Garmin 62s, and when I tried to put the batteries in (NiMH rechargeables), they could barely fit! I had to push and push, so hard that a bit of the plastic casing of the batteries broke off, and there is a definite dent in the flat part of the batteries, due to pressure from the case.

These are standard NiMH batteries that are the same size as my Eneloops, and which work fine in all my other devices.

I will be returning the unit -- I cannot use it like this, especially since I will need to remove the batteries every day to recharge them. But, is this a common problem on the 62s series? Is the 450s any better in this respect?

Many thanks,

Luca

I have recently bought a Garmin 62s, and when I tried to put the batteries in (NiMH rechargeables), they could barely fit! I had to push and push, so hard that a bit of the plastic casing of the batteries broke off, and there is a definite dent in the flat part of the batteries, due to pressure from the case.

These are standard NiMH batteries that are the same size as my Eneloops, and which work fine in all my other devices.

I will be returning the unit -- I cannot use it like this, especially since I will need to remove the batteries every day to recharge them. But, is this a common problem on the 62s series? Is the 450s any better in this respect?

Many thanks,

Luca

I just checked my 62S and it's had Eneloops in it since day one, and they look just fine - no flats pushed into the batteries, and they're not very difficult to put in either.

I make a point of pushing the - side of the battery in first and hold it against the connector as I push the + side down. No problem at all.

Many thanks,

Luca

I just checked my 62S and it's had Eneloops in it since day one, and they look just fine - no flats pushed into the batteries, and they're not very difficult to put in either.

I make a point of pushing the - side of the battery in first and hold it against the connector as I push the + side down. No problem at all.

+1

use both rechargeable and disposable

Many thanks,

Luca

+1; My eneloops refuse to fit in my 62ST- seem to be a tad too big and I do not want to force them in as will do some damage; Oddly enough, other rechargeables like energizers fit.

Maybe I have got a bad batch of eneloops as others say that they fit fine.