2010 Alaska Geocoins and Coinaments Now Available

Ladybug Kids

GeocacheAlaska! almost ran out of calendar to get this year's trackable geocoins completed, but they're out just in time for holiday delivery.

The 2010 Alaska geocoin depicts the redoubtable Barren Ground Caribou, fifth in the series of “animals you may encounter while geocaching in Alaska.” Constantly on the move, caribou often travel over 3,000 miles annually in their restless wanderings along traditional migratory routes. What better creature to represent the questing nature of the geocacher?

This is a Made in Alaska product, manufactured in Anchorage. The 1.5 inch/39 mm coins are struck in solid commercial bronze (85% copper, 15% zinc, also called brass), one ounce 0.999 silver, and one ounce 0.999 silver with 0.9999 fine gold relief. The coins are all proof quality, produced by striking the planchets twice using a pressure of 160-180 tons with dies polished to a mirror finish. The edge of the silver and silver with gold relief coins are stamped "1 OZ .999 FINE SILVER."

The bronze coins are packaged in a clear plastic flip inserted into a blue velvet flip. The silver and gold relief versions are packaged in an airtight capsule inside a black velvet box. The coinament is packaged in an ornament airtight capsule.

The custom icon for the geocoins is Bou%20Pin%2032.gif.

2010frontbrcr300.jpg2010frontsilcr300.jpg2010frontgrcr300.jpg

2010 bronze (250 minted, $13.50/$14.50 US/international), silver (75 minted, $50/$53), and gold relief (75 minted, $75/$78)

In addition to the regular edition Alaska geocoins, a limited edition of 100 "Happy Holidays" bronze coinaments were also produced. The front of the geocoin features the 2010 Caribou design and the reverse side of the geocoin features a caribou hot-tubbing with Santa Claus while offering a "Happy Holidays" greeting.

2010orncr300.JPG2010caribousantatub.jpg

Coinament (front and back, green spacer depicted, 100 minted, $16/$17)

Matching 1" geopins were also produced. An initial production run was 225 antique bronze pins and 225 antique silver pins.

2010cariboupinbr150.JPG2010cariboupinsil150.JPG

Antique Bronze Pin, Antique Silver Pin (225 cast of each, $2.25/$2.50)

A flat fee of $2 per domestic order and $2.25 per international order will be charged to cover packaging, fixed PayPal fees, and handling.

Please visit the GeocacheAlaska! Alaska Geocoins webpage for more details and to order your geocoins.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

Spent all of Monday evening as part of a team carefully packaging the first orders for these mint-quality geocoins. There are three large boxes of packaged orders in my vehicle, on their way to the post office today as part of the order fulfillment process. It was pretty amazing to see the volume of orders from all over the world and from across the entire USA that have already arrived & been filled.

As of Friday night, the following coins are left:

2010 Bronze: 150

2010 Silver: 38

2010 Gold Relief: 31

2010 Coinament: 1

All orders received as of 2200 AST this evening will ship tomorrow (Saturday).

A second run of the the 2010 Alaska geocoins will NOT be made.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

The coinaments have sold out, but there are still plenty of bronze, silver, and gold relief versions of the coin available.

Don't miss out on these great Made in Alaska stocking stuffers!

All new orders received as of this morning are going out in today's (Tuesday) mail.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

There are still bronze, silver, and gold relief versions of the 2010 Alaska geocoins in inventory.

Don't miss out on your opportunity to own what will most likely be the last of the series of these Made in Alaska geocoins!

My coins came and are absolutely wonderful! I only wished I could have ordered more. Having been to visit the AK mint means a lot more too. A shame they can't compete with the other mints price wise............but the quality really is much better then their less expensive competitors. I don't think I have all in the series - will have to check. Thanks for coordinating this effort LBK

Below are the remaining quantities of Alaska geobling. Orders are still being taken online with a special promotion here.

2010 Bronze SOLD OUT!

2010 Silver 20

2010 Gold Relief 3

2010 Bronze Pin 88

2010 Silver Pin 80

2009 Bronze 31

We're noodling on some unique 2011 ideas and will post them in a new thread as they come together.

Edited by Ladybug Kids
Here is a link for 2011 GeocacheAlaska! Jade Geocoins. They also have proxy travelers this year at the same link.
I tried to order, but I can't find the link to order. Am I missing something on that page? They look really great and I like to buy one.

I couldn't find it either :unsure: So I sent an e-mail to LadyBugKids. Hopefully they will post here.

Ditto (but w/o the email)

Here is a link for 2011 GeocacheAlaska! Jade Geocoins. They also have proxy travelers this year at the same link.
I tried to order, but I can't find the link to order. Am I missing something on that page? They look really great and I like to buy one.

I couldn't find it either :unsure: So I sent an e-mail to LadyBugKids. Hopefully they will post here.

The links are usually the text that say:

Inside the United States

Outside the United States

....??

They are stunning as Drneal indicated. We were able to snag them at GCF SC.

Edited by JoenSue

The links are usually the text that say:

Inside the United States

Outside the United States

....??

They are stunning as Drneal indicated. We were able to snag them at GCF SC.

Nothing comes up when I hover over those...

Message from LadyBugKids

Hi Lenny:

We haven't gone "live" yet with online sales, but should before the end of the weekend. This year's project has proven to be more complicated than past years and is taking a bit more work to get to market.

Thanks for your interest!

Regards,

Mike/Ladybug Kids

Message from LadyBugKids

Hi Lenny:

We haven't gone "live" yet with online sales, but should before the end of the weekend. This year's project has proven to be more complicated than past years and is taking a bit more work to get to market.

Thanks for your interest!

Regards,

Mike/Ladybug Kids

Thank you for sharing this info. Nice to know it's not me or my computer not working right and that I'll be able to order later on.