Logging Travel Bug question

Guest ErinsWeb

Guest ErinsWeb

Last night my daughter was logging the finds from our last cache search trip (or treasure hunting as she likes to call it).

When she was logging a Travel Bug that she found, she forgot to put the proper date for the log when she picked it up. But! She did put the proper date when she logged that she dropped it off.

What this has done is caused it to look like the Bug was dropped off before it was picked up, AND it doubled the the mileage of the move.

How can this be fixed? If we were to delete the Pickup in the TB log would that remove the excess milage? Or, is it possible to have the log keepers change the date on that entry so the excess would go away?

Thanks for you help.

Mikel & ErinsWeb

Guest kablooey

I believe if you delete both entries and recreate them with the correct dates, you'll be okay. This may mean that you have to regrab the TB. It also means that watchers (for the cache and TB) will get a bunch of bogus notifications. You might first delete the later entry and see whether you can insert one to save some notifications, but I don't remember whether that works.

Guest ErinsWeb

Thanks, I am hoping that if nothing else, deleting the retrieval will delete the extra mileage. It wouldn't matter otherwise since the Bug was already placed in her possession and then transferred to another cache. The biggest thing is that we don't want the log to be messed up for the Bug (and it's owner).

Mikel & ErinsWeb

Guest ErinsWeb

Just a note. I recieved a reply back on the travel bug problem We had. I was told to delete the mistaken entry and the bad mileage would go away. I went out to the TB log and clicked on delete (again). This time I had the guts to say yes, I want it to be deleted.

When I looked at the log, the entry was gone and the bad milage was repaired. Thanks for all the help.