Snow Gritters on our Roads....

Garmin8888

I thought this was going to be a moan about gritters! :D

I used to hear a lot of ‘NEW’ car owners moaning each year about the grit spraying and chipping their cars.

Or I would observe ‘New’ cars swerving really wide to avoid the grit as they passed them.

Sill people, I used to think. :o

For gaaards sake its only a bit of grit and without it their car would be in a much worse state if they slid across an un-gritted road into a fence, tree or another car.

Silly silly people to moan about what is a very essential part of winter driving. :P

Well..... this year has been the first time in all my 34 years of driving that I have had the fortune to own a new car (albeit a year old)

And this is my first winter of driving my shiny Red Jeep.... and.... oh how I hate those gritters! :)

Why do they have to spray so wide across the road (yes I know the answer but....)

Why does my shiny red Jeep have to be covered in so much white stuff every time I arrive at work (I know it must be rotting the metal!)

Oh I hate those gritters! :laughing::sad:

::I know..I know ... nothing to do with caching:: B)

Snow Gritters Should use Garmin G.P.S. They can then put where they have Gritted onto Google Earth and we can ALL see the safe Gritted Areas to Drive........

Any particular reason for Garmin GPS? Or just the first one that sprang to mind??

I'm led to believe even lesser GPSs will put out a track log acceptable to Google Earth nowadays B):laughing::sad:

Edited by keehotee

Hi all, being old when we had snow for many winters there was never any gritters spraying this stuff on the road,we got on with driving and had some fun at the same time.i get so fed up with folk bleating on about the roads and paths have not been gritted,we all cleared outside our house and just got on with driving,it just never seemed a problem. rose tinted glasses helped jeff=bones1.