CavScout Earthcaches Archived?

ArtieD

If you look at the profile, Joranda is a guy. :) Oh wait, that is me. And no I am not a vulture, he asked me if I would be willing to take over the ECs until the ban is up. I wish geoaware will chime in to say if he would support that idea. I have noticed that this is a heavy veiw topic right now.

Big apologize to you for thinking you are not his brother but sister even being corrected before. Just the name still sounds female to me. Sorry again.

And of course I did not mean you to be the vulture if you are the family. Are you his brother? or I am wrong again? :santa:

If you look at the profile, Joranda is a guy. :) Oh wait, that is me. And no I am not a vulture, he asked me if I would be willing to take over the ECs until the ban is up. I wish geoaware will chime in to say if he would support that idea. I have noticed that this is a heavy veiw topic right now.

Big apologize to you for thinking you are not his brother but sister even being corrected before. Just the name still sounds female to me. Sorry again.

And of course I did not mean you to be the vulture if you are the family. Are you his brother? or I am wrong again? :santa:

Yes he is my older brother that is why I have been chiming in my two cents. I have had many a calls and texts about what boils the pot here and there. :P

I am sure if you email him you will get his support to copy and past the earthcache to make it up to par. As far as his ALR requirements, he did that because of armchair bandits. He called me today and told me to check out this cacher that had started to log his ECs and reg caches today that are archived. This guy for Missouri cached in Kentucky then the next day found his reg cache by my house then was caching again in Kentucky then a couple other places. By the way, his name is not signed on the log. Go figure. That is when he always wanted a photo of the person next to the EC. Makes sense. I take my photo at the ECs that I visit. But that is how I play and we are all different. We all forget that this is just a game. :)

Exactly the reason why I am for this ALR in Earthcaches. Too many nice virtuals have been archived due to abuse, and earthcaches are really not so far from the same fate. With internet, you can find answers for almost everything and also if the answer is not 100% correct I can´t just delete the log, because I know I am not 100% correct on many ECs too.

There are just too many stupid people out there thinking they will be geo-cool if they have as many ECs as possible.

I am sure if you email him you will get his support to copy and past the earthcache to make it up to par. As far as his ALR requirements, he did that because of armchair bandits. He called me today and told me to check out this cacher that had started to log his ECs and reg caches today that are archived. This guy for Missouri cached in Kentucky then the next day found his reg cache by my house then was caching again in Kentucky then a couple other places. By the way, his name is not signed on the log. Go figure. That is when he always wanted a photo of the person next to the EC. Makes sense. I take my photo at the ECs that I visit. But that is how I play and we are all different. We all forget that this is just a game. :)

Exactly the reason why I am for this ALR in Earthcaches. Too many nice virtuals have been archived due to abuse, and earthcaches are really not so far from the same fate. With internet, you can find answers for almost everything and also if the answer is not 100% correct I can´t just delete the log, because I know I am not 100% correct on many ECs too.

There are just too many stupid people out there thinking they will be geo-cool if they have as many ECs as possible.

However, be reminded that if you resubmit the cache, the photo can only be optional unless it requires the EC object...no requiring face pictures, for example.

Yeah, Geoaware, do you favor the earthcaching community losing over 200 earthcaches? Will you allow a copy and paste approach to republishing Cav Scout's ECs? Someone mentioned that a visit (logging the EC) should be necessary. I think that's a good idea.

If and when he (CS) has the ban lifted, he can readopt them. If he cannot come back, then at least the ECs will not lost! Why not put in your two cents worth with Groundspeak? Thanks.

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

I hope someone is listening. We shouldn't lose all these great ECs. I know how much research goes into just one. It would be a shame that we as students of the earth be punished by having them archived. I would really like to see Joranda et al be able to adopt them until Cav Scout is activated again.

This is not Groundspeak's fault as far as I can tell. CS got himself banned and they do have a point about unmaintained caches.

But to wait 10 months to do it right before the ban is lifted is CRAP!

It's their listing service, and as such can do what they want. When would have been a better time? One month? Two? Five? No matter what time they picked somebody would have complained.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

This is not Groundspeak's fault as far as I can tell. CS got himself banned and they do have a point about unmaintained caches.

Did you notice this on CS´s profile?

To geocachers from Groundspeak:

11 Feb 2010

Please go ahead and log caches that you have legitimately found. The cache owner can do appropriate maintenance and log verification after the ban period is terminated.

Grounspeak counted with fact that C.S. will be back, so why they did that?

But to wait 10 months to do it right before the ban is lifted is CRAP!

It's their listing service, and as such can do what they want. When would have been a better time? One month? Two? Five? No matter what time they picked somebody would have complained.

If it wasn't a personal vendetta they would have said something at the beginning and let someone adopt them if this was their intention or how their listing service works. My personal opinion. It's too bad it has come to this as the community loses more than CS.

If it wasn't a personal vendetta they would have said something at the beginning and let someone adopt them if this was their intention or how their listing service works. My personal opinion. It's too bad it has come to this as the community loses more than CS.

Proof of this alleged vendetta?

Again, no one has lost anything...go back to those sites and make your own Earthcache and keep people coming.

Again, no one has lost anything...go back to those sites and make your own Earthcache and keep people coming.

Obviously we can see which side you stand on.

:santa::):):P

If you look at the profile, Joranda is a guy. :santa: Oh wait, that is me. And no I am not a vulture, he asked me if I would be willing to take over the ECs until the ban is up. I wish geoaware will chime in to say if he would support that idea. I have noticed that this is a heavy veiw topic right now.

Yeah, Geoaware, do you favor the earthcaching community losing over 200 earthcaches? Will you allow a copy and paste approach to republishing Cav Scout's ECs? Someone mentioned that a visit (logging the EC) should be necessary. I think that's a good idea.

If and when he (CS) has the ban lifted, he can readopt them. If he cannot come back, then at least the ECs will not lost! Why not put in your two cents worth with Groundspeak? Thanks.

KK, I think that Geoaware is on our side, but when it comes right down to it, Groundspeak has limited GSA's power or something a few guidline changes ago. You and I know that some types of EC's will no longer be accepted without added geology lessons, like the ones that envolve water springs, which seems both you and I enjoy. Waymarking has a category for these also, I wonder what the new Virtual geocaches will be like when reinstated? Some of the old grandfathered ones that I have logged have no owners, the CO left the game years ago, but the caches still exsist. I agree with claystalker, Cav Scout made the wrong person mad, arrangements could have been made to keep his EC listings, but it is quite obvious that the man has a great passion for EarthCaches, and Groundspeak kicked him where they knew it would hurt. We EarthCachers lost 203 EC listings, but who won the squabble? Was a one year ban too much, or not enough? That's their business, and not ours to know for privacy reasons.

Yes Geoaware, the EarthCaching community depends on you. We value your opinion, agree or disagree, but it still has value with us. Maybe not so much with Groundspeak, but as KK requests, please convey our issue here with Groundspeak that we did not like losing that many good EarthCaches. :)

KK, I think that Geoaware is on our side, but when it comes right down to it, Groundspeak has limited GSA's power or something a few guidline changes ago. You and I know that some types of EC's will no longer be accepted without added geology lessons, like the ones that envolve water springs, which seems both you and I enjoy. Waymarking has a category for these also, I wonder what the new Virtual geocaches will be like when reinstated? Some of the old grandfathered ones that I have logged have no owners, the CO left the game years ago, but the caches still exsist. I agree with claystalker, Cav Scout made the wrong person mad, arrangements could have been made to keep his EC listings, but it is quite obvious that the man has a great passion for EarthCaches, and Groundspeak kicked him where they knew it would hurt. We EarthCachers lost 203 EC listings, but who won the squabble? Was a one year ban too much, or not enough? That's their business, and not ours to know for privacy reasons.

Yes Geoaware, the EarthCaching community depends on you. We value your opinion, agree or disagree, but it still has value with us. Maybe not so much with Groundspeak, but as KK requests, please convey our issue here with Groundspeak that we did not like losing that many good EarthCaches. :)

Amen brother, that's all I was trying to say.

I stand on no side. As a casual observer, if I see someone make a claim (i.e., the GS has a vendetta against a person) it stands to reason that proof of such claim should be presented. As it is, you're making baseless accusations.

I stand on no side. As a casual observer, if I see someone make a claim (i.e., the GS has a vendetta against a person) it stands to reason that proof of such claim should be presented. As it is, you're making baseless accusations.

Maybe so, but you can't sit there and tell me that this doesn't look fishy. And it happens EVERY year right before MOGA. There are some of us that are not deaf, dumb, and blind to what is happening here and will not sit here quietly when an unjust has been done. You can defend GS all you want, I have nothing against them at all, but I'm sure I'm on their hitlist now for speaking my mind. I don't even know Cav Scout exept for a brief meet last year. It's personal and it's obvious. Done!!

Maybe so, but you can't sit there and tell me that this doesn't look fishy. And it happens EVERY year right before MOGA. There are some of us that are not deaf, dumb, and blind to what is happening here and will not sit here quietly when an unjust has been done. You can defend GS all you want, I have nothing against them at all, but I'm sure I'm on their hitlist now for speaking my mind. I don't even know Cav Scout exept for a brief meet last year. It's personal and it's obvious. Done!!

So...let me get this straight. There is a personal vendetta that Groundspeak has against Cavvy that only manifests itself before a geocaching event, as if it's a big middle finger to him for whatever reason?

Yeah.

So...let me get this straight. There is a personal vendetta that Groundspeak has against Cavvy that only manifests itself before a geocaching event, as if it's a big middle finger to him for whatever reason?

Yeah.

I never said that it was Groundspeak against Cav Scout. But SOMEONE is making it personal. And yes I think they are giving him the big middle finger by the way they are doing this. I'm done.

I think it may be time to close this thread since people are making wild and baseless claims. The topic has been hashed out IMO, and my initial questions answered.

Sorry sir, but aren't you the one who said we cannot know Groundspeak's motivation? Also, aren't you the one who said as far as you could tell GS wasn't at fault?

How come the change? Where did you get this sudden insight as to GS's motivation? As we said earlier, the main issue isn't GS's motivation although many of us would love to know it. The central issue is archiving all 203 of those ECs!

Now you want to close the dialogue (thread)? Why? Is it because of your bias and most responders don't agree with your position? What was your motivation with starting the thread in the first place?

"Again, no one has lost anything" You have got to be kidding! Your statement shows very little appreciation of earthcaching. Losing 203 earthcaches isn't exactly not losing anything!

Please Groundspeak, reconsider and give us all an early Christmas present.

1. Allow CS's ECs to be adopted

2. Reinstate him as you agreed when you instituted the ban Give some consideration to his service to the Country.

Thanks to all.

P.S. Folks, please email Groundspeak with your pleas. I believe on some far distant thread they said this was the proper method to take up requests