Historycaching index; Looking for more entries

Fairburn, Ga.: Georgia Spirit Quest #17 "Oldest Member" by LZ33 (GC1T0BP) This cache will take you to a pioneer cemetery with a section that the Daughters Of The Confederacy donated to the memory of confederate solders . The care of this section is provided by Sons Of Confederate Veterans.

Newnan, Ga.: Georgia Spirit Quest #5 Pushing Up Poseys by LZ33 (GC1HE7Z)This cache takes you to the burial place of a pioneer baptist Preacher who was a missionary to the Indians.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes....

I design historic & scenic, self guided road tours throughout southeastern Indiana and next month I'll begin designing tours in southwestern Ohio in the Cincinnati area. The tours highlight the more unusual aspects of the county that most people are unfamiliar with such as the old one room school houses, bridge abutments from covered bridges washed away over 100 years ago, insane asylums from the 1800's, ghost roads, old stone quarries, phantom bridges, ghost towns, old blacksmith shops, etc. Some of the sites are on private property and some are on public property. Each tour route contains 50-100 sites. Are these the kind of sites that you guys are looking for and am I in the right forum???

Yes they are, send me an email when you get a chance.

And especially sites with a Native Cultures or archeology

theme are especially well.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes....

I design historic & scenic, self guided road tours throughout southeastern Indiana and next month I'll begin designing tours in southwestern Ohio in the Cincinnati area. The tours highlight the more unusual aspects of the county that most people are unfamiliar with such as the old one room school houses, bridge abutments from covered bridges washed away over 100 years ago, insane asylums from the 1800's, ghost roads, old stone quarries, phantom bridges, ghost towns, old blacksmith shops, etc. Some of the sites are on private property and some are on public property. Each tour route contains 50-100 sites. Are these the kind of sites that you guys are looking for and am I in the right forum???

Edited by History-Cacher

Thanks! I was hoping to get more history caches from Georgia. Anybody in Atlanta want to

help plant some more?

Fairburn, Ga.: Georgia Spirit Quest #17 "Oldest Member" by LZ33 (GC1T0BP) This cache will take you to a pioneer cemetery with a section that the Daughters Of The Confederacy donated to the memory of confederate solders . The care of this section is provided by Sons Of Confederate Veterans.

Newnan, Ga.: Georgia Spirit Quest #5 Pushing Up Poseys by LZ33 (GC1HE7Z)This cache takes you to the burial place of a pioneer baptist Preacher who was a missionary to the Indians.

Thanks! I just added Oregon to the Union of Historical themed Geocaches at

HistoryCaching

In other news to all, I am writing an article for a historical publication. I'd like to get some photos for the story. Ideally a cross generation pictue of parent or granparent and child at a historical POI holding their GPS unit. Shoot me an email if you have one taken and tell me where I can find it.

I posted some for Oregon in your comments field on the site. When I'm off of work and have a little more time, I'll post some more!

Edited by History-Cacher

Thanks! Be sure to post your favorites in the comments section of my blog.

History Caching

I am not sure with TOS if one can post a book mark list outside of Geocaching either. I missed a term with Google

Adwords recently and now I am suspended which really offended me. Google Adwords people won't respond to me

either. So right now, I am treading carefully with other online services. One cannot be too careful nowdays.

-RKO

Definately a cache type similar to an Earthcache that allows focus on the historic merit of a site! There are many interesting sites which are excluded or have a random geological fact shoehorned in just so they fit the earthcache criteria. A classic example would be GC19AY8 Abu Simbel requiring 4 geological questions about the general area before requiring info about the main reason most people visit, the temples. I seems to me that a great opportunity for education into some incredible places is being missed.

I am getting ready to update the history caching page

at HistoryCaching with a new cache I just started.

If anybody has any new history theme geocaches to report let me know.

Best is to report them as replies to the blog but I will come back here to see if they

are posted to this thread.

-RKO

"Live from Cape Canaveral"

Edited by History-Cacher

Anybody find any new history themed geocaches? Please post in the comment section at

My link

I am getting ready to update the history caching page

at HistoryCaching with a new cache I just started.

If anybody has any new history theme geocaches to report let me know.

Best is to report them as replies to the blog but I will come back here to see if they

are posted to this thread.

-RKO

"Live from Cape Canaveral"