Download PQ's straight to Droid X

jhazens

Not sure if this can be done. Has anyone had any luck downloading PQ's directly to a DROID from geocaching.com? I have been downloading to computer, then copying the .gpx file to my droid via USB cable. When I go to the PQ page and click on the file to download, I get a message on the droid that the filetype is not supported by my phone. I can copy a file from an email but when I do a 1000 cache PQ and the only option is to download from the site, I get the error message. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jhazens

Not sure if this can be done. Has anyone had any luck downloading PQ's directly to a DROID from geocaching.com? I have been downloading to computer, then copying the .gpx file to my droid via USB cable. When I go to the PQ page and click on the file to download, I get a message on the droid that the filetype is not supported by my phone. I can copy a file from an email but when I do a 1000 cache PQ and the only option is to download from the site, I get the error message. Any help would be appreciated.

What application are you using n your Droid device to process the PQ? It sounds to me like your application has not properly registered itself with the OS as handling the ".GPX" and ".ZIP" file extensions.

I haven't tried the Geocaching app for Android phones, but since the iPhone version supports directly loading pocket queries, I would imaging that the Android version does also. In that case, you would do that from within the Groundspeak app, not y browsing to the gc.com page for your PQ's and trying to download it from there.

What application are you using n your Droid device to process the PQ? It sounds to me like your application has not properly registered itself with the OS as handling the ".GPX" and ".ZIP" file extensions.

I haven't tried the Geocaching app for Android phones, but since the iPhone version supports directly loading pocket queries, I would imaging that the Android version does also. In that case, you would do that from within the Groundspeak app, not y browsing to the gc.com page for your PQ's and trying to download it from there.

Thanks....I am just using GeoBeagle (free app). I did some more research and found out that the Droid native browser is what was the problem with the .zip file. I tried using the Dolphin browser and the PQ downloaded form GC.com site just fine. I then used Astro file manager to extract the .gpx file to load into Geobeagle.

The geocaching app for Droid does that just fine. No need for anything new.

Sounds a lot easier that what I just went through. So how does the geocaching app get the PQ. Does it integrate directly to my PQ page? If it is that easy, seems worth the $10.

Thanks