Unearned Souvenir

drew8

I have earned a souvenir for Delaware, however I have never found a cache in Delaware. I did go through all of my caches and at one point in the distant past I did log two different locationless caches that have their coordinates in Delaware. I thought maybe that was it, but now that the New York souvenir has been awarded and I didn't get it, I'm confused. I have logged at least one locationless cache in New York. Anyone else seen this?

I have earned a souvenir for Delaware, however I have never found a cache in Delaware. I did go through all of my caches and at one point in the distant past I did log two different locationless caches that have their coordinates in Delaware. I thought maybe that was it, but now that the New York souvenir has been awarded and I didn't get it, I'm confused. I have logged at least one locationless cache in New York. Anyone else seen this?

I think that's going to happen any time you log a cache that moves - You'll get the souvenir and lose it again.

A moving nonlocationless cache? Meaning that the coords at one point in the past were in Delaware? Prior to my finding it? Hmm, can't recall any I've found like that.

We'll see if one day it disappears.

Edited by drew8

It appears that a locationless cache found in Delaware earns a souvenir, but similar finds in other states don't. I posted this after Delaware souvenir was published, but before New York and Georgia came out. Having a locationless find in all 3 states, but souvenir only from Delaware makes me wonder if there's a causation :)

Now waiting what happens to my moving cache find. It's archived in 41st state :santa:

Lacking any thing better to call it .

The Delaware bug seems to pop up for folks who are using phones.

When you have many different platforms to deal with bugs can slip in.

And it could take some time to sort it out.

I have to chuckle at what seems to be two very vocal groups at different ends of the scale.

On the topic of souvenirs

One acts like there being held at gun point and are having them rammed down there throats

Its I don't want them! I don't want them !I don't want them!

On the other end its I want them now! Better yet last Tuesday. I want them now! I want them now all of them!

My view is they don't take money out of my pocket. Or time out of my day. They will get here when they get here. And if some how they don't no big deal.

Yeah, I had the same thing happen (and I've never used a phone to cache). Of the first 11 states with souvenirs, I've only physically been to 1 of them. I've logged locationless caches that were based in 4 of them (none being the 1 I've actually been to), but I've only gotten the souvenir for the first one. That being, as you said, Delaware.

Having gotten a locationless from the 2nd one, PA, and not gotten the souvenir for it, I can only assume that Groundspeak started excluding locationless logs after they saw they were being counted when they awarded Delaware out.