Caching the Holiday Spirit

DragonsWest

Plans to publish holiday themed caches, anyone?

I had an idea and a container in mind for another site and another theme, but when that fell through I hid one this morning and the more I thought about it the more I drifted towards one of my favorite holiday classics How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the movie version I will not willingly ever watch again.)

I rather like the way the page for CSI: Whoville turned out.

I'd like to see what others come up with. :anitongue:

Looks great. But is the final really supposed to be in Lake Huron?

Hey, that's what the winter ice is for. :anitongue:

I'm such a sucker for those old Christmas classics and have most of them on DVD by now. Great memories, curled up with a litre of hot chocolate and a warm blanket. Perhaps a multi based upon It's a Wonderful Life, next?

'Tis the Season. I've got about twenty "holiday cache" submissions on hold right now due to listing guideline issues. Thank you DragonsWest for sharing your page with us. It lifted my spirits.

If there's ever a Knowledge Book article called "How to Make a Good Holiday-themed Geocache," it should link to your listing.

'Tis the Season. I've got about twenty "holiday cache" submissions on hold right now due to listing guideline issues. Thank you DragonsWest for sharing your page with us. It lifted my spirits.

If there's ever a Knowledge Book article called "How to Make a Good Holiday-themed Geocache," it should link to your listing.

Wowsa! DragonsWest, you should be keeping this post by Keystone as a badge of honor. :)

I think it is very, very cool to get such praise for your cache page. Nice job indeed!

There's a Victorian house up the hill from me that has a mummy in a tree year round.

Come to think if it, I did a Mummy's Day cache, which is a mummified large ammo box on the shoulder of Mummy Mountain, outside Morgan Hill, CA - it gets some good logs. :)

It's unusual for me to put that much effort into a cache page, but I really liked the way the idea began to gel and it motivated me to go above and beyond even a simple listing.

Agenda issues?

OMG! A mystery puzzle that even I can solve!! Thanks, Santa. ;)

Really. Thanks. :laughing:

I really wanted this to be "Kid Friendly" so made most of the questions easy to find through Google. Took a very short amount of time for it to be solved and found, which is a good indicator. Whether this generation will pick up on it, hard to say. Made sure to put some toys and beads in a small "Light" shaped container, hung on what could be a rather large Christmas tree.

I need to get at least one more out there.

Deck us all with Boston Charlie...

Nora's freezin' on the trolley for sure out here today

I'm sure Walt would be proud of a Pogo Christmas themed cache.

Maybe:The Twelve Days of Crispness

Thanks for the reminder of holidays past :)

I am very close to doing at least one Pogo themed cache. Pogo was a very popular strip from the 1950s through to the 1960s. Walt Kelly was a former Disney artist and like so many who left the grind behind they prospered and left a wonderful legacy. Good to see at least one geocacher, aside from myself, rememebrs. :anicute: