magellan triton 300

pads69

It may be the "MM" part of a courdnate is wrong. Because one decimal Minute=almost 1 mile. :anitongue:

like [HH MM.SSS],the "MM" part is off by a number or 2 or 10. ;)

They came from the cache listing right?

Hope this helps..

ya i am very new to this so it did come from the cache list but all the numbers match up but am i putting the (.) in the wrong place I but it in like (45.53637)

it did come from the cache list but all the numbers match up but am i putting the (.) in the wrong place I but it in like (45.53637)

Ah. There's your problem.

Look in the setup for your Magellan and see if you can change the degrees format to

H DDD° MM.MMM. That is the main format that geocaching.com uses. Hemisphere, Degrees, Decimal Minutes.

You are using H DDD.DDDDD

Hemisphere, Decimal Degrees.

If you cannot change the format in your unit, you can find out how to enter the same coordinates in decimal degrees by clicking on "Other Conversions" to the right of the coordinates listed. The top line , "Decimal," is what your GPS is showing now.

While you are investigating the degree format, take a look at what datum you are using too. You should set it to WGS84.

it did come from the cache list but all the numbers match up but am i putting the (.) in the wrong place I but it in like (45.53637)

Ah. There's your problem.

Look in the setup for your Magellan and see if you can change the degrees format to

H DDD° MM.MMM. That is the main format that geocaching.com uses. Hemisphere, Degrees, Decimal Minutes.

You are using H DDD.DDDDD

Hemisphere, Decimal Degrees.

If you cannot change the format in your unit, you can find out how to enter the same coordinates in decimal degrees by clicking on "Other Conversions" to the right of the coordinates listed. The top line , "Decimal," is what your GPS is showing now.

While you are investigating the degree format, take a look at what datum you are using too. You should set it to WGS84.

:);) thank you now it works went out today for the firs time and found 1 of 4 it ws cold and wet but family

had fun!!!