Geocaching record extremes

Not a definitive list, but here are a few. They nearly all have bookmark lists associated with them that feature other unusual caches as well.

First

Oldest active

Deepest

"Lower-est" on land?

Highest physical cache?

Highest on land

Highest

Northernmost physical?

Southernmost physical?

Southernmost (tied with this one)

Most remote is going to be a moving target as geocaching becomes more popular. This one on Easter Island used to claim to be, now there are a few others nearby.

Check the trivia on my profile page for a few more of these. (I have duplicates of some of the ones mentioned by the post above):

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=8b...fc-0e1904ed5e93

Your oldest unfound, was archived on August 24th.

Thanks. Yes, it's hard to keep those kind of lists current. I update it from time to time.

Here are the oldest unfound now

Hidden: 23 Jun 01 4.5lb Walleye by Jamie Matear (GCDFB) Ontario, Canada

Hidden: 10 Jul 01 Conch Shell Horn by Jeffrey Courrier (GC105E) Venezuela

Hidden: 28 Jul 01 Nikolay-Kam by Nikolay-Kam (GC14C3) Russia

Hidden: 12 Aug 01 Mount Temple by MCpl. Paul Franklin, MCpl. J. Pawsey (GC1607) Alberta, Canada

Most remote is going to be a moving target as geocaching becomes more popular. This one on Easter Island used to claim to be, now there are a few others nearby.

This is fairly subjective. No list of "most remote" is going to be complete without the infamous Rainbow Hydrothermal Vents and the ISS cache Richard Garriott / Lord British. For less exotic, Oh So Blue probably belongs among the top 10.

This is fairly subjective. No list of "most remote" is going to be complete without the infamous Rainbow Hydrothermal Vents and the ISS cache Richard Garriott / Lord British. For less exotic, Oh So Blue probably belongs among the top 10.

Oh So Blue is actually less than 20 miles from the nearest cache. The Rainbow Hydrothermal Vents cache certainly seems very remote. I can't easily figure out how far away the nearest cache is. Congo-go (GC1AGG0) - in the Congo, is apparently 600 miles from the nearest cache.