My Finds Query

When running My Finds Query, I am lacking dl of caches that I have logged and can see logged in my profile pages. The total dl'ed never matches up with my stat bar in my profile. I have elevation finds not showing up as high point. I have caches missing from my D/T grid, and what the heck is Total Finds vs Unique Finds anyway. I am really lost. Has something change on web site. These issues have just started occurring in the last several months. Using FSG. I do not think this is problem. Caches on profile page are not making it to GSAK?

Someone out there has a solution,

Thanks,

BCF

One more thing, I have finds logged by date, however they do not show up in my monthly grid for that date, e.g., I have finds for 10/12 and 11/12, but they do not show in My Finds PQ. Whats up with that?

I have a cache logged everyday since July 01 2010, yet My Finds PQ has 6 days missing?

Edited by BigCarbonFootprint

When running My Finds Query, I am lacking dl of caches that I have logged and can see logged in my profile pages. The total dl'ed never matches up with my stat bar in my profile. I have elevation finds not showing up as high point. I have caches missing from my D/T grid, and what the heck is Total Finds vs Unique Finds anyway. I am really lost. Has something change on web site. These issues have just started occurring in the last several months. Using FSG. I do not think this is problem. Caches on profile page are not making it to GSAK?

Thanks,

BCF

One more thing, I have finds logged by date, however they do not show up in my monthly grid for that date, e.g., I have finds for 10/12 and 11/12, but they do not show in My Finds PQ. Whats up with that?

I have a cache logged everyday since July 01 2010, yet My Finds PQ has 6 days missing?

There are two types of MyFinds PQ. There is the the PQ that some think is a MyFinds PQ but really isn't. It is a regular PQ that is set up for just the caches you found. This one is limited to 1,000 caches, 500 mile radius and will not include archived caches. As you can see it is not a very good MyFinds PQ.

Then there is the real MyFinds PQ. You get this by clicking the button labeled "Add to Queue" This one will have all your finds, archived or not, no distance limits and no limit on number of caches. This is a pretty good MyFinds PQ.

Which one are you using?

Thanks,

BCF

There are two types of MyFinds PQ. There is the the PQ that some think is a MyFinds PQ but really isn't. It is a regular PQ that is set up for just the caches you found. This one is limited to 1,000 caches, 500 mile radius and will not include archived caches. As you can see it is not a very good MyFinds PQ.

Then there is the real MyFinds PQ. You get this by clicking the button labeled "Add to Queue" This one will have all your finds, archived or not, no distance limits and no limit on number of caches. This is a pretty good MyFinds PQ.

Which one are you using?

I am using the latter, "Add to Queue". I've been running this for years, but just recently it has been acting up.

My major irritation is the query not grabbing all my find dates, as exampled in above note.

BTW, Love me some Suquamish, WA. Get up there a few times a year.

Edited by BigCarbonFootprint

I am lacking dl of caches that I have logged and can see logged in my profile pages.

that's definitely a problem!

though I'd start by carefully looking at every filter in whatever software you're using to open the file, make sure you aren't filtering something out.

I have elevation finds not showing up as high point.

"high point" is not a function of your query, but whatever software you're using to analyze it.

I have caches missing from my D/T grid,

if you upload a new PQ of finds, and the D/T has been changed by the cache owner since you found it, you may now be missing some D/T that you once had.

for example, my only T 4.5 D 1 is currently rated T 3.5 D 1. I don't upload the new cache page when I pull MYFinds into the MyFinds database. I don't overwrite existing data, to preserve the DT of the cache as I found it.

The total dl'ed never matches up with my stat bar in my profile.

This difference can be attributed to multiplefound logs on one cache. Example - your stats show 102 finds, but your download is 99, because you logged 3 finds on a moving cache. Or, you're missing some, per your statement above.

and what the heck is Total Finds vs Unique Finds anyway.

I have 16 finds on one of the old Locationless Scavenger hunt caches, so my Total Finds is higher then my Unique Caches.

DATES: I think this may be related to multiple time zones in use by Groundspeak, your local, their local (Seattle WA)and GMT, which can date shift your log by a day.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Thanks,

BCF

Total Finds vs Unique Finds should match unless you logged a cache as found twice, in that case will say Total Finds 100 on 99 Unique caches

as for the site changing?...no, it hasn't

sounds to me like you're just using a regular PQ instead of the designated My Finds PQ located at the bottom of the PQ page and to get it all you have to do is click "add to queue"

Edited by t4e

Thanks,

BCF

Which one are you using?

I am using the latter, "Add to Queue". I've been running this for years, but just recently it has been acting up.

My major irritation is the query not grabbing all my find dates, as exampled in above note.

BTW, Love me some Suquamish, WA. Get up there a few times a year.

It sounds like you might be using GSAK and FSG. My guess at this point is you have ignored caches in your database. The .gpx in the PQ is a text file. Load it into Notepad and search for one of the caches you say are missing from the PQ. (Edit->Find - fill in GC#) If it is in the PQ then you need to go back and look at your GSAK database, if it is not in the PQ then you need to send an email to contact@Groundspeak.com. You could try the feedback site but I don't know if they will respond.

I would use a text editor to look at the myfinds pq. Pick a cache that is not being counted and see if it is being ignored by GSAK or if it is missing from the pq itself. Some text editor will let you know how many of an instance occur in a document. So you could use it to count the number of finds in the text file. Just find a common phrase that starts each cache and search for that phrase.

Also GSAK has a feature to show only your finds. See what number that comes up with before ever using FSG. Make sure you are using the latest FSG and GSAK as they may have been corrupted somehow.

Anyway I hope this helps. I recently had a problem with the day my logs were being reported and it took me a little while to find out that it was due to the logging of some caches through the iPod app. But I first had to make sure it wasn't GSAK or FSG

The text editor does not lie this way you can see if it is ground speak or GSAK causing the problem.

Edited by jameyp

I would use a text editor to look at the myfinds pq. Pick a cache that is not being counted and see if it is being ignored by GSAK or if it is missing from the pq itself. Some text editor will let you know how many of an instance occur in a document. So you could use it to count the number of finds in the text file. Just find a common phrase that starts each cache and search for that phrase.

Also GSAK has a feature to show only your finds. See what number that comes up with before ever using FSG. Make sure you are using the latest FSG and GSAK as they may have been corrupted somehow.

Anyway I hope this helps. I recently had a problem with the day my logs were being reported and it took me a little while to find out that it was due to the logging of some caches through the iPod app. But I first had to make sure it wasn't GSAK or FSG

The text editor does not lie this way you can see if it is ground speak or GSAK causing the problem.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try. Funny you mention iPod app. All my date issues have been logged with iPhone.