Idea for the Bug Page and Map

CYBret

I was watching a bug that's goal is to come directly to me inch its way closer on the map today when I had an idea for the bug maps that might be (I hope) possible.

If the bug has a specific destination in mind (as in this one, coming to Oakland, IL). Would it be possible to enter the coordinates for that destination on the bug's page and show how many miles it has to go (instead of just how many miles it has already traveled). Also, would it then be possible to see on the bug's map a line that indicates how far it is from its destination?

Just a thought for the powers that be. I think it would be a cool enhancement. Anyone else?

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

Definitely another good idea, along with my send-the-goals-with-the-bugs idea from earlier this month.

Hope Jeremy takes the idea and runs with it (in all of his *cough* spare time!).

B

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Cachin' with kidlets is truly an art.

Another reason this is a good idea: It helps illustrate directional goals so that finders might be more likely to pay attention to moving the bug in the right direction. Since this seems to be a common complaint, every little bit of technological help would be welcome.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."