Ex-pats Celebrating 10 Years of SA Caches

cincol

Being able to attend the 10 Year Celebrations in South Africa in January would be FIRST PRIZE! However, I am sure that none of the SA ex-pat cachers will be able to make the journey to the Fairest Cape to share the experience.

Here is my suggestion. Let each SA ex-pat cacher - wherever they are in the world - place a cache during January 2011 and name the cache "10years of Caching in South Africa". This way South Africa will be advertised, 10 years of caching will be advertised and the local caching community will be aware of the South African cachers in their midst. I will go further to suggest that the cache have a South African theme with swag of an appropriate nature.

There are many SA ex-pats who do not read the forums. Please contact any that you might know of who might participate in this little exercise. I am sure we will be able to place a decent number of caches in a few obscure spots around the world. Once done, we can list them all on the forum so travelling cachers can place them on their lists of caches to find during their travels.

Let's hear some ideas / debate around this.

Being able to attend the 10 Year Celebrations in South Africa in January would be FIRST PRIZE! However, I am sure that none of the SA ex-pat cachers will be able to make the journey to the Fairest Cape to share the experience.

uhum Mr Cincol, it just so happens that it will coinside with our visit to SA and our trip to CT, purely by luck actually as we only noticed the event after our accomodation was booked :D:D:laughing::laughing::anibad::drama:

Ill send you a postcard

Oh but do like the cache idea though

There is absolutely NOTHING preventing you from hiding a cache in Ireland as a celebration - either before you leave or afterwards. :anitongue:

So the score so far is 1 in Qatar, 1 in UAE, 1 in Oman and 1 in Ireland.

Edited by cincol

sweet are any of them published yet, and is there a theme on the page or anything like that

My idea was to hid and publish in January to coinside with the 10 years in SA. Theme - anything South African if you can, otherwise just the name = "10 years of Caching in South Africa - Ireland" would suffice.

Come on the rest of the ex-pats!!! Where are the likes of Crystal Fairy, org, etc? If anybody knows of an ex-pat cacher living overseas please contact them and ask them to place a cache, or send me there names and I will contact them about the idea.

Edited by cincol

Any more news on this series?

I have 2 cache containers ready to go. One in Oman and One in UAE - to be placed in next 2 weeks.

Any ideas on names / links to a partiular site etc.? I am happy to creat a bookmark if CO mails me once their cache is published.

Any news back from other areas?

I will place on in Qatar and cslyoda will place one in South Australia. I know of a few in UAE and Oman - perhaps some of the guys in the UK area will place after the "big freeze" becomes the "big thaw"!

I was thinking of calling mine - "Qatar Celebrating 10 years of Caching in South Africa".

I managed to pick up a bunch of FIFA world cup pins yesterday at a local supermarket that were selling them off cheap. With a book or two, some African mammal toys and a new TB for each of the caches - i will place the first one next week - but get it activated in January 2011.

Are we aiming for 8 Janhuary to co-incide with the SA event - or 18 January to co-incide with the Sentinel View placement?

I'm keen on the 8 January date.

I managed to pick up a bunch of FIFA world cup pins yesterday at a local supermarket that were selling them off cheap. With a book or two, some African mammal toys and a new TB for each of the caches - i will place the first one next week - but get it activated in January 2011.

Are we aiming for 8 Janhuary to co-incide with the SA event - or 18 January to co-incide with the Sentinel View placement?

I'm keen on the 8 January date.

I would say any time in January would be good.