Naymlap Cointest

dieThea93

Hi,

this is Thea (Stefan’s girlfriend) and I’d like to introduce a new Cointest.

Would you like to win one of the extra limited edition Naymlaps (gold/black nickel + ruby-red), from which we have only 18?

Picture

Yes?

So all you have to do is to show us the way you would honor the Naymlap.

Would you sacrifice anything?

Kneel down in front of him in your traditional Lambayeque-robe?

Don’t let us wait too long and post some photos until 21/12/2010 (just because it’s such a nice date :()

We are curious for your posts.

Every participant may post at most three photos (and only photos).

The winner is chosen by wenzelbub and will be contacted until the end of the year.

Be creative

Edited by dieThea93

guitars.jpg

i would sacrifice these guitars. ok so they are not mine, they are my husbands but im fed up with them sitting around the house, he only needs one guitar not 4 so i wil offer these up to be sacrificed

no no, not the guitars. each guitar has a unique sound and character. one can never have too many guitars. a man needs his guitars to retain his place in the home and universe!

rock on!

Edited by RedShoesGirl

guitars.jpg

i would sacrifice these guitars. ok so they are not mine, they are my husbands but im fed up with them sitting around the house, he only needs one guitar not 4 so i wil offer these up to be sacrificed

no no, not the guitars. each guitar has a unique sound and character. one can never have too many guitars. a man needs his guitars to retain his place in the home and universe!

rock on!

lol my husband says thanks rsg. i have threatened his guitars many many times and hes still managed to retain them in the house. what i havent mentioned is there are 2 more that i havent photographed. he only uses 2 or 3 of them the others he just looks at!

he said why his guitars? why not my rubber stamp collection.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

guitars.jpg

rock on!

lol my husband says thanks rsg. i have threatened his guitars many many times and hes still managed to retain them in the house. what i havent mentioned is there are 2 more that i havent photographed. he only uses 2 or 3 of them the others he just looks at!

or geocoins... :)

or geocoins... :)

220px-The_Scream.jpg

Destroy??? the guitars?? I hope not!!! I can adopt one but not destroy them please!!!! :laughing:

I am thinking what sucrifice I can do for this amazing coin..... hmmm......

Can I ask something? We can make up to 3 posts for the cointest only?

I hope this post will not count... :laughing:

And.. if I post 2 photos in one post? I will only have 1 photo only for my other posts? for the sucrifice I am thinking... (but I do not know if I can actually do it and post it...) I have to post 2 photos to show...

:laughing: I am also thinking that you may deside that I will not be a winner... just tp protect me! :laughing:

So..... I have first to pray the weather to stay good... even if that is not easy....

then I have to talk with my sister and brother in law... to take the photos....

What is my sacrifice??? I will sacrifice my health (!!!!) for some days (I hope... but there is a chance nothing will happen to me...)

what mean..... there is a cache here in Rhodes that I haven't found yet! Its name is Faliraki http://coord.info/GC2G9VK

This cache is in a tiny rock island close to the beach! It has a greek flag on it! I am the maintaner of the cache but I haven't been there yet...

My sacrifice?? To swim in the middle of the winter in the sea, go there (I hope it will not have waves..), take a photo with the coin (since my brother in law will not be close to me... I do not know if you can see the coin... I will be far away, but... he will take a photo holding it... before and after the swim...) and log the cache! you will see the loging too... in the page of the cache!

I will probably be ill for some days but... it will worth for suce a prety coin.... right? :rolleyes:

The tiny rock island is this one...

falirakitheisland.jpg

and here is a small map to see where the island is! I have to swim to go! It is not connected!

faliraki400.jpg

hmm... I do not know if the second photo shows a real woman...but she has a great body!!! :D

Hey...believe it, the pics shows me and my girlfriend to search for the naymlap XLE... :D

:anitongue: Then... I hope your girlfriend has a sister! ;)

Naymlap is such a pretty coin!!! I think it is inspired from the handle of a ceremonial knife of Chimu or Sican/Lambayeque civilization.... amazing pre columbian civilizations!!!!

Naymlap_Cointest.jpg

Thats the one you will win, No. 8 of 18 ;)

Are you so unimaginative? Only a few entries :D

Imagine you are one of the Lambayeque civilization and God Naymlap is coming to you, a BIG honor! :ph34r:

Show us how you will honor him. We want to see you while doing this, not what you think you would do!

Make crazy pictures to let us laugh! :P

oh boy.... winter came here in greece too.... with so much cold... I do not know if I can enter in the sea without going in the hospital after! since I have to go in the sea, swim, then go out to the island, then again swim back...

and the sea is so raugh that I do not know if I can stay on the rock island... but till I do it... if I do it.. :)

so... here is an other idea.... but it is not something funny etc...

Since he is a god od an ancient civilization..... how about to take him to see the temples of other religions that we have here in Rhodes??

I can take him to temples from ancient times (greek and roman), byzantine times, medieval times, and new ones! one or 2 of each...

I can take him to see an Christian Orthdox church, a Catholic church, a muslim temple and a Hebrew temple... which is very old!

I will take photos to see them too, BUT.... I have to say that for respect of any religion, I will not take photos from inside of them! Some are closed anyway... and others (ancient) are destroyed, but I can take a photo from inside an Orthdox church to see...

this is not a sucrifice... I know but it is something to honor him!

well, that didn't work out so well, but a little betadine, and a really big bandage later, I'm ready to try again...something a little less dangerous.

In honor of naymlap, i will dress up as a giant chicken, and pose with other geocachers at a mega event held in Toledo...

HPIM1037-1.jpg

ILYK
Edited by drneal

Sorry for my delay! Holidays, New Year's Eve, work ....

Thanks to all of you for your participation!

It wasn't easy, all ideas are pretty cool :)

I had to draw lots and the winner is:

EyeD10T

Congratulations!!!

Please send me your shipping adress.

Those of you interested in one of these XLE Naymlaps

I'm willing to trade two of them for coins I would like to have:

- 1 for a Titanic Geocoin (except the antique copper) and

- 1 for a Brahean Geocoin (2-tone or 3-Tone or Mars or Neptune)

I know these are rare coins, but if you are interest in send me a PM.

Sorry for my delay! Holidays, New Year's Eve, work ....

Thanks to all of you for your participation!

It wasn't easy, all ideas are pretty cool :)

I had to draw lots and the winner is:

EyeD10T

Congratulations!!!

Please send me your shipping adress.

Those of you interested in one of these XLE Naymlaps

I'm willing to trade two of them for coins I would like to have:

- 1 for a Titanic Geocoin (except the antique copper) and

- 1 for a Brahean Geocoin (2-tone or 3-Tone or Mars or Neptune)

I know these are rare coins, but if you are interest in send me a PM.

Wow! Thank you so much...I really appreciate it. Thank you for the cointest as well. :)

I learned a lot when I read up on this. I had never heard of Naymlap before, so it was interesting reading the history and gave me a little insight into what the coin is about.

Edited by EyeD10T

congrats to the winner!!! :D Hmm.. I hope we will soon see photos of your ceremonial dance and the fancy clothing to go geocaching... right? :lol: And... not photoshopping ones.. ;)

Well... even if I lost a beautiful coin... I am a little lucky too... today is quite cold and after I posted about swimming in the sea to reach the island... the weather changed and winter came here too.... so... I was saved! :D No hospital for me and no danger...from the waves breaking in the rock island...!!! :lol:

congrats to the winner!!! :D Hmm.. I hope we will soon see photos of your ceremonial dance and the fancy clothing to go geocaching... right? :lol: And... not photoshopping ones.. ;)

Well... even if I lost a beautiful coin... I am a little lucky too... today is quite cold and after I posted about swimming in the sea to reach the island... the weather changed and winter came here too.... so... I was saved! :D No hospital for me and no danger...from the waves breaking in the rock island...!!! :lol:

LOL - If I ever come across the ceremonial clothing to wear, I will be happy to do those things and post photos :)

I received the coin today and it is really nice! I had never heard of the Lambayeque culture before, but since I love history I researched this culture and the Legend of Naymlap. It is very interesting. If you are intereste, wikipedia is a good place to start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sican_culture

Thank you Thea and Stefan for holding the cointest and giving me the chance to win such a beautiful coin!

Edited by EyeD10T