Caches Found on GC.com ≠ caches found in PQ

DNStephens

I have downloaded an all-finds PQ today and used it to play with the MacCache software. In the process, I found a discrepancy in my cache count

According to GC.com, I have 2831 Traditional Cache finds

In the All-Found PQ, there are only 2830 Traditional caches, and all the other types balance.

Could I have logged one cache twice?

Could the PQ have missed one?

Aside from crawling through 2831 cache logs, how do I find this?

Suggestions?

I have downloaded an all-finds PQ today and used it to play with the MacCache software. In the process, I found a discrepancy in my cache count

According to GC.com, I have 2831 Traditional Cache finds

In the All-Found PQ, there are only 2830 Traditional caches, and all the other types balance.

Could I have logged one cache twice?

Could the PQ have missed one?

Aside from crawling through 2831 cache logs, how do I find this?

Suggestions?

Yep, you've double logged a cache.

I know nothing about MacCache, but any good cache management program should be able to identify double logs, for example in GSAK you can either sort on find count (most should be 1, so 2 would float to the top) or filter on caches that have more than 1 find, two pretty easy ways to get the same answer.

Yep, you've double logged a cache.

I know nothing about MacCache, but any good cache management program should be able to identify double logs, for example in GSAK you can either sort on find count (most should be 1, so 2 would float to the top) or filter on caches that have more than 1 find, two pretty easy ways to get the same answer.

MacCache doesn't seem to be able to do that, as it has no search or sort capability for logs

If I sent you the PQ, could you run that through for me please?

I have downloaded an all-finds PQ today and used it to play with the MacCache software.

Define "all-finds PQ." Did you create this PQ using the check boxes, or did you click on the "Add to queue" button down at the bottom of the page, where it says "My Finds"?

If you did a My Finds query, then you probably logged a cache twice. If you tried to create a PQ using checkboxes for caches you've found, then one of your finds has been archived. A normal PQ will not include archived caches; the MyFinds query will.

I have downloaded an all-finds PQ today and used it to play with the MacCache software.

Define "all-finds PQ." Did you create this PQ using the check boxes, or did you click on the "Add to queue" button down at the bottom of the page, where it says "My Finds"?

If you did a My Finds query, then you probably logged a cache twice. If you tried to create a PQ using checkboxes for caches you've found, then one of your finds has been archived. A normal PQ will not include archived caches; the MyFinds query will.

I talked to him offline, he got the correct pq (for someone with multi-thousand caches, I'd think it be almost impossible to only have one archived). He's working on a GSAK answer.