Gulliver Bear needs rescuing WE KNOW WHERE HE IS :o)

Tim & June

Many of you will remember Gulliver Bear. Gulliver set out into the world just about the time Travel Bug tags were being released an so does not have a tag.

He was picked up in June by a cacher who has not been caching since. After several emails were ignored I finally managed to find the cachers telephone number and spoke to him.

He is happy to post Gulliver to another cacher so that he can get back in the game.

So far Gulliver has travelled 22,000 miles and is currently in Ellicott City in Maryland. In an attempt to maintain accurate mileage we would like another cacher within Ellicott or surrounding area to act as recipient and then place him in a cache.

This would mean of course, that whoever volunteers for this would have to disclose their postal address to me so that I can pass this on to the cacher who has him.

So, any volunteers ? If you think you can help, please post here (but not your address) and I will find the closest (assuming there are more than one) and contact you direct.

If you would like to know more about Gulliver, visit his website www.gulliverbear.co.uk

Many thanks.

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

I'd be happy to help. I'm in Md and don't live to far. I've been caching a heck of alot lately so it'd be no problem to get him to a cache asap.

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-

quote:
Originally posted by Tim & June:

After several emails were ignored I finally managed to find the cachers telephone number and spoke to him.

He is happy to post Gulliver to another cacher so that he can get back in the game.

Trying not to aim directly at this person, but it's a good example.

Funny how people act differenly if it's a real human being their talking to, rather than a computer. Certainly Gulliver would never have gone anywhere if T&J didn't figure out some way to call this person. I'm sure that was an interesting call.

Jamie

Immediately after posting my previous, I picked up an email from the cacher who has Gulliver.

I don't feel too bad about these guy's mow, because he explained that they had been reluctant to go caching again as a result of picking up an illness while they were caching. Think I can understand that.

Anyway, he has promised to get Gulliver back in a cache this weekend. That's brilliant.

My guess is it will be a cache somewhere around Ellicott City so if there is anybody interested, you know where to look, well, roughly anyway icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again

Tim & June (Winchester)

See June, I told you that sign which said 'Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles' was wrong ! icon_smile.gif

Does anyone know where Gulliver might be these days? His web page shows him as still in GC3B8E, but I have tracked his last known movement to GC4259. Apparently he was taken from that cache shortly after being placed there, but this movement was never logged on the website.

I have Gulliver's brother Christopher in my posession in PA and I was hoping to get them reunited. Unfortunately, when last spotted, he was moving away from me.

I contacted the owners, but never received a response. If no one knows where Gulliver is, I guess I'll just turn Christopher loose and hope he can find his way.

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'