Firsts

Team Luvbassn

I am trying to put together a lists of firsts. I have the first traditional (duh) but can't seem to find anything out about the rest of the types. I have tried Google, no help, Did a search at geocaching.com no luck. Any ideas. :rolleyes:

Thanks, that was helpful, Still need to find oldest web cam, earth cache, Where I Go, GPS adventure, Event and CITO

I looked at that list and the virtual may be sketchy. Looks like the oldest was changed to a virtual from a traditional. You may have to look and see when it was changed to see if it was indeed the 1st. That is if you care enough to be as accurate as possible.

I looked at that list and the virtual may be sketchy. Looks like the oldest was changed to a virtual from a traditional. You may have to look and see when it was changed to see if it was indeed the 1st. That is if you care enough to be as accurate as possible.

Some of those Multis might not be the first either. 300mag claims that GC958 is in fact the first multi, and that others were changed later.

I'd like confirmation on this, but it does call all of the other so called 'firsts' (save for the first traditional) into question.

Some of those Multis might not be the first either. 300mag claims that GC958 is in fact the first multi, and that others were changed later.

I'd like confirmation on this, but it does call all of the other so called 'firsts' (save for the first traditional) into question.

I saw the first virtual was added later, but this is just a calendar with as many dates that I can find to give out at an local event. Not worth all the investigation for a valid search.

My apologies for the bad link.

I believe the first cache submitted as a virt is GC53: Rift Valley the one in Africa.

The geoaware account owns the oldest Earthcache, Earthcache I GCHFT2, it was the first published. Unfortunately (my opinion) some older caches had their type changed to Earthcache. So there are folks who found a traditional cache in '04 (which was changed in cache type) and never cached again that have "Earthcache" finds....

The oldest US Wherigo is Touchstone's - GC18CR7 Treasure Island III 1/19/2008

I don't know if this is the oldest Wherigo overall, it might be.

Try GC389 for the first Event.

CITO dates from April, 2003, See Pinned topic on it here, http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=66042. Hmm, the page here says 2002, but that doesn't seem right?

A number of CITOs were all published for April 26, Earthday that year. Lep's Earth Day Cleanup at Raccoon Creek Park GCE2F1 has a nice explanation

A few were held earlier in April, but I'd say that the whole group of 67 were the "first".

GPS Maze GC13A70 Bookmark (link NOT broken :laughing: ) http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...82-9799cb5db341

mmm, webcam, interesting....

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Ah, oldest webcam...thanks

* CANDLELIGHT VIGIL * GC1CB8 is the oldest Locationless that I know about. I suspect it was published as something else, and converted to Locationless when the type was invented.

Most Locationless date from later.

Mega event type was invented and announced just after Woodstock 4 GCRRC6, I believe it's the first Mega.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

I am trying to put together a lists of firsts. I have the first traditional (duh) but can't seem to find anything out about the rest of the types. I have tried Google, no help, Did a search at geocaching.com no luck. Any ideas. :rolleyes:

Everyone has been great with answers. I think I have everything I need,

Thanks again for all your help, I knew I could find it here. :laughing: