Question about Mystery coins

EyeD10T

A mystery giver mints a coin (usually nontrackable) and sends them anonymously through the mail. Recipients post what they got (or if they are numbered what number they got). Initially, mystery coins were dropped anonymously into caches for coiners to run out and hunt (or anyone else for that matter), but that traditional has been ditched in favor of just mailing them.

A mystery giver mints a coin (usually nontrackable) and sends them anonymously through the mail. Recipients post what they got (or if they are numbered what number they got). Initially, mystery coins were dropped anonymously into caches for coiners to run out and hunt (or anyone else for that matter), but that traditional has been ditched in favor of just mailing them.

My favorite is the Bell Witch mystrey geocoin. I think there was a thread about them once.

I'll try and pre-empt your next question :rolleyes: of how do the mystery coin givers know where to mail them to.. maybe it was from a previous trade, they hacked you?! or they are CIA... But more often than not it would come from the forum address book :cool:

INFO A bit of reading and a little effort to get yourself onto the page but worthwhile :lol:

Edited by AlliedOz

My favorite is the Bell Witch mystrey geocoin. I think there was a thread about them once.

Oh yes, Kate and her cat with the glow in the dark eyes, with a bloody ammo can cache in a grave yard? I first saw them in these forums, then for sale on Ebay. They are nontrackable, but highly sought after and sell much higher than an average trackable. Not sure how many were minted.

Oh yes, Kate and her cat with the glow in the dark eyes, with a bloody ammo can cache in a grave yard? I first saw them in these forums, then one or two for sale on Ebay. They are nontrackable, but highly sought after and sell much higher than an average trackable. Not sure how many were minted.

I have another question. What is the purpose (if any) of the numbers if the coins are numbered?