Best Nüvi for caching

TeamGeoduck

Currently I am using my old Garmin GPS Maps 60CSX for my turn by turn and an Oregon for my hand navigation. With all of these Black Friday/cyber Monday deals, I am considering picking up a Nüvi to handle my turn by turn. What is the best Nüvi for caching. I use a Mac so I so not want to deal with Gsak to upload caches, I am hoping for an Oregon style drop the GPX file into the GPX folder deal to upload the caches. I hear the 500 and 550 Nüvi may do the trick, but is there better?

Thanks!

I hear the 500 and 550 Nüvi may do the trick, but is there better?

The 500 and 550 are the only Nuvis I know of that understand Groundspeak GPX.

Heck, even my Nuvi 200W can load a GPX file (so many of the Nuvi models will do that, they just get loaded into Favorites as waypoints)...that's not the issue as I see it...the 500/550 are the only two Nuvi models that have paperless geocaching (full description, logs, hint, and ability to generate field notes to log your finds) and a user replaceable battery (most Nuvi models have very poor battery life).

I hear the 500 and 550 Nüvi may do the trick, but is there better?

The 500 and 550 are the only Nuvis I know of that understand Groundspeak GPX.

Heck, even my Nuvi 200W can load a GPX file (so many of the Nuvi models will do that, they just get loaded into Favorites as waypoints)...that's not the issue as I see it...the 500/550 are the only two Nuvi models that have paperless geocaching (full description, logs, hint, and ability to generate field notes to log your finds) and a user replaceable battery (most Nuvi models have very poor battery life).

The keyword here being "Groundspeak" GPX, meaning their extensions, as opposed to a plain vanilla GPX. Perhaps more accurately called "GPX file with Groundspeak extensions" but that is a mouthful. Actually, come to think of it, I wonder what extensions, if any, Garmin supports on their non-paperless units.

TeamGeoDuck mentioned wanting to drop a GPX directly into the unit. I presume they want more than just the name and coordinates, and the GPX comes directly from a PQ.