Recycled Bugs

beatnik

Has anyone tried or been successful in recycling bugs. I won't go through the typical sob story about a bug being lost we've had plenty of disscussion on that matter. icon_frown.gif

What is geocaching.com's policy on this. After all we purchased the bugs. Does that mean we technically own the bug's number? Is it wrong to send out an exact replacement for your lost item with an attached card rather than the lost dog tag?

beatnik

quote:
Originally posted by beatnik:

Has anyone tried or been successful in recycling bugs. I won't go through the typical sob story about a bug being lost we've had plenty of disscussion on that matter. icon_frown.gif

What is geocaching.com's policy on this. After all we purchased the bugs. Does that mean we technically own the bug's number? Is it wrong to send out an exact replacement for your lost item with an attached card rather than the lost dog tag?

beatnik

I'm no authority on this, but my guess is that you could re-use the number... as long as you're certain that the bug is truly lost, otherwise it could get messy if you end up with 2 bugs out there using the same number.

Also, have you considered using the "copy" tag as a tag? The travel bug page says, "There's no rule that you can't use it, so it's up to you what to do with it!" I'm assuming that would include sending it out as a recycled bug number.

Colleen

Dralasites: biological, not geological.