Help with Dakota 20

gessner17

I recently purchased a Dakota 20 (have a 10 already) and when I go to change my profiles, all my profiles are in a different language even though my unit is set to English. I have set my language a few times and updated the firmware to the newest 3.7. Anyone have any other ideas?

1353.jpg

1367.jpg

Edited by gessner17
I recently purchased a Dakota 20 (have a 10 already) and when I go to change my profiles, all my profiles are in a different language even though my unit is set to English. I have set my language a few times and updated the firmware to the newest 3.7. Anyone have any other ideas?
You're not the first to report this, and it's also been seen on the Oregon. There was a thread on this a while back here ->http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=245901 but I did not ever see anyone comment back after attempting the Master Reset.

I also wondered if anyone had attempted to rename the "Text" folder to something like "TextOld" to hide the possible translation from English to something else and see what happened. Never did see anyone try it.

You're not the first to report this, and it's also been seen on the Oregon. There was a thread on this a while back here ->http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=245901 but I did not ever see anyone comment back after attempting the Master Reset.

I also wondered if anyone had attempted to rename the "Text" folder to something like "TextOld" to hide the possible translation from English to something else and see what happened. Never did see anyone try it.

I ended up going into the Garmin\profile dir. and just google translating them and renaming. Most of the were Arabic and Czech