Maps

dukes4peru

Welcome to Geocaching, dukes4peru!

If you are in Canada, check out the Canadian forums for a number of topo map discussions including the I'm bored, free topo maps by ibycus.

Start with some low difficulty, low terrain and larger containers close to home until you get familiar with your GPS and geocaching. Then when you head out on your long hike, you will be smiling.

Always create a mark for your car and other key waymarks on your trek so that you can find your way back to your car again!

Check out some of the other forum discussions about what to bring when you are geocaching.

Enjoy your Geocaching Adventures!

Welcome to Geocaching, dukes4peru!

If you are in Canada, check out the Canadian forums for a number of topo map discussions including the I'm bored, free topo maps by ibycus.

Start with some low difficulty, low terrain and larger containers close to home until you get familiar with your GPS and geocaching. Then when you head out on your long hike, you will be smiling.

Always create a mark for your car and other key waymarks on your trek so that you can find your way back to your car again!

Check out some of the other forum discussions about what to bring when you are geocaching.

Enjoy your Geocaching Adventures!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I'm in the USA so not real sure that the Canadian forums will help. At this point though, it can't hurt. Thanks again!