4.20 Software version in Garmin gpsmap 76csx

ZZ55

I recently bought a 76csx though it's not the newest kid on the block (I just liked the features for the price). Anyway it is loaded with a 4.20 version of software that I can find no information about anywhere on the net or from Garmin. I am only curios. It works great, I'd just like to know if I've got a test subject or not.

Does anyone have any info on the 4.20 software?

Thanks,

ZZ

I recently bought a 76csx though it's not the newest kid on the block (I just liked the features for the price). Anyway it is loaded with a 4.20 version of software that I can find no information about anywhere on the net or from Garmin.

ZZ

That IS a CSx and not a CS, right? The latest for the CS was 4.20, but the CSx (different firmware, similar numbering) ends at 4.00. Is there room for an SD card under the batteries???

Thanks for all the replies folks... makes a person feel (snif :unsure: ) welcome.

It may have come direct from the factory. I bought it several weeks back through Amazon.com. There were others offering the same unit at a slightly lower price as part of a "special buy" they made. For some reason over the years I've learned not to trust special buys to much.

In any case, it says Software version - 4.20

GPS SW Version - 2.30m

Unit ID - 308671_ _ _ _

According to my research it should have a Mediatek chip set in it but who knows? As I said I was merely curios because I haven't encountered any problems with it as I've slowly felt my way along it's rather steep learning curve ;) .

It's strange but when I was researching which unit to buy I kept coming back to this one and for the price/features etc. ($249.00) it was a pretty decent deal... and they stopped making this model last year as near as I can discern.

Thanks for the nice welcome and I hope to be talking to everyone more.

ZZ