distance between caches

crouchcrew

Just so I understand this correctly:

there is no distance requirement for placing a traditional cache next to an Earthcache BUT one cannot place an earthcache any closer than .10 to a traditional. Is that correct?

An EC can pretty much be at the same location as a traditional cache. We are keen not to have them right on top of each other, so as not to detract from a cacher's experience of either cache, but there is no proximity issue overall, as the EC has no cache container.

You can't place an EC at the exact same coordinates as a traditional cache, as that effectively puts a container at your EC which is against the guidelines.

Well, I would not put it exactly but how close is acceptable?

Geoaware's explanation does help to clarify my earlier point, but seemingly neither of us has answered your exact question.

The answer is, it depends. This is why a reviewer must review each cache page. My best advice is to create the listing and submit it for review. Each location must be considered on its own merits, so you will only know for sure that your proposed EarthCache will be publishable, once you have created the cache page and are working with the Geoaware reviewer, who will apply their professional judgement.

We cannot offer any absolutes as advice at this stage of the game. there are simply too many variables.