The "Where in Canada" Map Quiz!

Happy Paddlers

Woot! Woot! Southernmost Stash- Multi :D

Been lurkin' and searchin' since the last one I managed to locate - okay so this was easy but hey, a find is a find! :blink:

No need to throw you a bone, looks like you already have one. :laughing:

While working on my bookmark list of all the caches here I noticed the north end of the island was used before. Yay, I'm on page 3 of the topic.

Edited by Avernar

Yay, I'm done! Here's the bookmark list of all previous caches.

To use this list to avoid duplicates, click the Create Pocket Query near the bottom of the page. You don't need to run this query on any days. Once created just click on the Preview in Google Maps icon. Keep the Pocket Query around as it will auto update as I add to the bookmark list.

Not sure how to post images but I used Tumblr

I'll be at these Caches in May - taking some training nearby - hope to be able to go get them.

Any of the three takes it - one hint included :rolleyes:

tumblr_liol276mac1qhlqqto1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1301256244&Signature=ioljTHv3lN8FmWn%2F%2FoQKl1JivVI%3D

I see you have it under control... don't know if I have time remaining til disconnected.

I guess the game is up for me except for public access for now, ISP disappears soon.

email will still work, just need to find access again.

Doug 7rxc bye bye for now

how about i teach you to use the "multiquote" feature and you teach me how you find everything on the map? :P:laughing:

Actually, I'd like to know how... the basic problem is that I've not tried it... well, once when it first appeared and it did not do anything at that time... not even a basic reply... I've never gone back to it. I can do it the 'old' way, this time I was only after a little bit from each so cut and paste was fine and suitable.

Doug 7rxc

it works now...click on "multiquote" button of each post you want to quote and go to the bottom of the page and click "Add Reply"...all posts will appear in the editor

you just have to write your reply after the "[../Quote]" of each quoted post :D

thanks for the insight, unfortunately if it i don't find it in the first 5 minutes i loose my patience lol

I just looked over the bookmark list and I didn't notice this one. Doesn't mean it isn't there, I just didn't notice it :P

Since you're a premium member you can do that Pocket Query trick i mentioned to get a Google Map with the list on it. Makes finding a spot really easy.

Thanks for your explanation in an earlier post. I had heard people talking about doing a query and previewing it without running it, but I had never done it before. Very helpful. I can go days without running a query and then want to run more than I'm allowed, so this is going to help.

Dern - that was fast!!

I snuck some time in... What did you expect... 15 minutes of fame it is! Good one for first effort.

I managed to get to Bowen Island with the cached Canada map on GE... that was as good as it got... now I'm looking for a

transportable connection somehow...

Doug 7rxc bye til next sneak somewhere...

it works now...click on "multiquote" button of each post you want to quote and go to the bottom of the page and click "Add Reply"...all posts will appear in the editor

you just have to write your reply after the "[../Quote]" of each quoted post :D

thanks for the insight, unfortunately if it i don't find it in the first 5 minutes i loose my patience lol

Thanks I've copied the text and will try it whenever I get a chance... losing the connect til ???

Doug 7rxc

I've looked at all Traditional caches in Canada that are not archived, placed in January and February of 2011 and had no finds before March 26th. No luck still. :(

I'm going to have to go back to December and November just in case it was placed earlier and published late.

Edited by Avernar

No luck here either. Of course I'm assuming it's rated T5, which isn't necessarily true...

I started with T5 but eventually PQ'd everything from January and February. That's 2676 caches placed. Filtering out caches that have found logs before March 26th gives me 175 caches. Quite a few of those have been found before March 26th but because of the 5 log PQ limitation the GSAK filter can't tell they were found before then. I checked all 175 and while a few were on islands, they didn't match the picture. :(

I'll PQ December tomorrow and see if it's in there.

Sorry everyone, I've had a major computer issue and I have lost a lot of stuff including the GC for the cache pic I posted. When I chose it, I just scanned the map and chose a cache at random, it just happened to an unfound cache. I have been going through the maps on my husbands computer while he is trying to recover mine, and I can't find it either. I'll keep looking, I hope I can find it again.

You know when you are having a tough time finding a cache and you keep saying "I'm done here, let's go" and then you turn to leave and find the cache? I decided to give it one more try on the map after my last post and Eureka! I found it again!

Next hint-It is in Ontario.

Next hint-It is in Ontario.

This is definitely a tough one!

Here's what we know so far:

1. It's a Traditional cache.
  2. It's in Ontario i.e. it says In Ontario, Canada below the coordinates on the cache page (just checking :anibad: )
  3. Published a couple of months ago, assuming December to February to be safe
  4. No found logs when picture was posted (26th of March). Can't assume this still exists because of late logging.

Can we get a update that there are still no found logs dated on or before the 26th of March on the cache page? If you are feeling generous, are there any found logs date after the 26th? :D

So far I've found three caches on islands that meet the criteria but they don't match the picture (this could be for a lot of reasons):

GC2NE95, GC2P5A9 and GC2ETY2

Edited by Avernar

Rated 2/2 and for some reason it was placed last May, but not published until February. Sounds like a nice place to go visit.

That's what was messing me up. Pocket Queries are only by placed date and I only requested data since Oct 1, 2010. :(

Now that I'm at home and found out it was in Ontario I did a proper search based on Published logs. Unfortunately dfx beat me by like 15 seconds. :anitongue:

It was a good choice for the quiz!

Edited by Avernar

woohooo you have 4444 finds :D

That was on the 16th. I've just regenerated my stats now. It's 4498. B) I don't recommend going through them all to find that one though. :blink:

I looked too-it didn't help narrow it down any though! :D

My stats would show that it has to be in Ontario or Quebec. It wouldn't take too long going through my All Geocache Finds pages to find the two possibilities in Quebec. The stats even show what counties in Ontario it could be in.

But I gave instructions on how to quickly and exactly find the cache when I posted the image so none of that is necessary. :D

Hoping to get to try some of these... I seem to have some connectivity again...

Managed to get the laptop back together for room mate, but need a keycap hinge or two.. but it's working...

now it turns out someone lost the admin password... sigh... after changing it...

Anyone know how to bypass a Vista Home admin pw without reloading the software? I'm trying permutations of what they think they changed it to. You think finding a cache pic is tough!

Doug 7rxc