The "Where in Canada" Map Quiz!

Happy Paddlers

Looks like the following in British Columbia:

Kettle Valley Railway (Myra) Rock Oven (GC1GD45)

K.V.R. #4 - Out With The Old, In With The New (GC15CED)

Donkey Engine (GC2G3RB)

Trestle Madness(GC2G3QZ)

K.V.R. #2 - Old Camp(GC12GZC)

Weta and Tito's Loco Cache (GC2F0Z7)

K.V.R. #3 - Trestle Trek (GC13CPA)

trestle tunnel (GC849A)

Step on up (GC2G3NH)

Kettle Valley View of 3 Trestles (GC1V3EX)

Dang, thought I had a good one, oh well.

Congrats,

Binrat

Congrats, Binrat

It was a good one! I was late seeing it, but did it as well... I spent a lot of time eyeballing the terrain planning hikes on the KVR and area when I was living in Vernon... even more when the area was threatened by the fires way back... seemed very familiar.

This last one though is bugging me... mostly I don't have much free time this week...

On another thought altogether, over on the Souvenir thread, I thought we could id the image source... well, I did a fast check using street view near Saskatchewan River Crossing, and the view from the south end of the bridge, plus or minus, fits the river and skyline almost exactly... of course we don't have the original image, and street view is random spots... but I say it's right around that point somewhere as far as POV is concerned... definitely not Saskcatchewan province... but it seems they are now committed to changing it for us...

Have fun all!

Doug 7rxc

Looks like the following in British Columbia:

Kettle Valley Railway (Myra) Rock Oven (GC1GD45)

K.V.R. #4 - Out With The Old, In With The New (GC15CED)

Donkey Engine (GC2G3RB)

Trestle Madness(GC2G3QZ)

K.V.R. #2 - Old Camp(GC12GZC)

Weta and Tito's Loco Cache (GC2F0Z7)

K.V.R. #3 - Trestle Trek (GC13CPA)

trestle tunnel (GC849A)

Step on up (GC2G3NH)

Kettle Valley View of 3 Trestles (GC1V3EX)

Congrats,

Binrat

LOL - "Weta and Tito cache" was one of mine and still did not recognize the area right away :blink:

Here is a spot that I always thought was a pretty cool place, although I haven't been there. Sorry it is kind of small, I haven't done this lately and I forgot how to resize. If someone wants to resize it, I'll give them the GC code.

Capture.png

Edited by Capers4

How about this one.

snip: photo removed...

GCNZ4G Man of War ( # 7 Boularderie Series)

while I was hunting the Vancouver one... I saw the thunder bay one... then saw the one in the map... already found that one... then the replacement...

which took about 5 minutes... busy evening... I have time to find one to hide, so watch for tomorrow... or sooner.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

not found by a cacher but found in this game,, see a few posts up

I see the map version... I'm Ok with the concept, but we started with sat shots... what do you think? and others of course... it was started as a 'map' quiz... but this is the first 'map' to appear. Sometimes I wish Happy Paddlers had left a better set of 'rules'... I guess the players will decide...

Doug 7rxc

Since I don't see any comment, I'll show neutrality (yeah right!) by posting both types of the exact same spot! Same scale and orientation (N=up). Map hunters hunt the map and photo analysts hunt the photo... :ph34r:

newoffer7crp.jpg

All said in a bit of humour/sarcasm... whatever. :rolleyes: Have fun, I am. Got to go back to working...

Doug 7rxc

Looks like "Third Time Lucky" (GC14ZAV) in BC.

I started hunting using the satellite imagery and was in roughly the right area when I accidentally enabled the map view so I thought I'd search for a similar orientation as was shown where I was looking. A couple drags of the screen and there it was.

Don't think I'll consider myself a convert quite yet.

Edited by mTn_biKer65

Looks like "Third Time Lucky" (GC14ZAV) in BC.

I started hunting using the satellite imagery and was in roughly the right area when I accidentally enabled the map view so I thought I'd search for a similar orientation as was shown where I was looking. A couple drags of the screen and there it was.

Don't think I'll consider myself a convert quite yet.

yep thats the one! Took longer to make it than find it. ha.ha.

I wanted to use one that had no blue marks... but I was time limited.

Like I said it can go either way, but there is more to work with in a photo, isn't there?

Waiting to see your next one... despite the time delay...

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc