The "Where in Canada" Map Quiz!

Happy Paddlers

Aw, I was going to use that one next!!!

http://www.coord.info/GCHC2E

"Not the north pole, but you can see it from here".

Let me see what I can come up with....

I can verify your find for you... take it away!

Doug 7rxc

Yep, you got it!

Had a funeral this afternoon ... Thanks Doug for standing in!

Glad to do it! Of course now I have to find this thing (not necessary to be first though), just to get some sleep. First efforts have been negative.

For dfx: did you read the microdot... it looks like a period in the text...

Doug 7rxc

You are correct! Over to you!

Roger! I've been thinking about this one for a while... I'm not sure if it will be hard or not... this last one was a bit above average for my hunting, but I was thinking about Allstones lake and how many times I searched the same spot without seeing it.

So I backtracked on this last one and redid a search of where I thought it should be... this time I saw it fairly quickly...

but not one of my 3 minute finds for sure. Guess a full belly and some rest helps! This one I offering should be a bit easier I hope.

Hard to judge when you know where it is! North up for sure.

nuoffer1226.jpg

There you all go! Have more fun this Holiday Season!

Doug 7rxc

You are correct! Over to you!

Roger! I've been thinking about this one for a while... I'm not sure if it will be hard or not... this last one was a bit above average for my hunting, but I was thinking about Allstones lake and how many times I searched the same spot without seeing it.

So I backtracked on this last one and redid a search of where I thought it should be... this time I saw it fairly quickly...

but not one of my 3 minute finds for sure. Guess a full belly and some rest helps! This one I offering should be a bit easier I hope.

Hard to judge when you know where it is! North up for sure.

nuoffer1226.jpg

There you all go! Have more fun this Holiday Season!

Doug 7rxc

Got it, mystery lake GC2BA4F

Dale

Dale

Absolutely! I didn't think it was either hard or easy... Now you just have to go there and sign the log! :rolleyes:

I haven't even tried to yet, it appears to be a BEAR to get to... and I live here (broken vehicle). Then there are the uphill bits and weather. I think some go up by snowmobile to that valley... but I have yet to have an avalanche call out for there... I'd avoid that place until melt is over myself... a bit close quarters and steep.

Did you have any problems with it... I find it hard to avoid being either too hard or too easy, can't find any middle ground so far... I do tend to advertise the area as well, sort of a giveaway of sorts.

Lets see what you have up your sleeve... have at it!

Doug 7rxc

Dale

Absolutely! I didn't think it was either hard or easy... Now you just have to go there and sign the log! :rolleyes:

I haven't even tried to yet, it appears to be a BEAR to get to... and I live here (broken vehicle). Then there are the uphill bits and weather. I think some go up by snowmobile to that valley... but I have yet to have an avalanche call out for there... I'd avoid that place until melt is over myself... a bit close quarters and steep.

Did you have any problems with it... I find it hard to avoid being either too hard or too easy, can't find any middle ground so far... I do tend to advertise the area as well, sort of a giveaway of sorts.

Doug 7rxc

It sounds like a trip to me. Still unfound even with the nice summer and fall we had . I think next summer I'm going to plan on finding some of those mountain caches but this one is interesting.

Did I find it hard, not really. Looked at your profile and your from elkford so I started there. The map looked like a mine may be close and some what knowing the area I just searched for a bare area and after 5 minutes I found it. Great game,and I have a cache inmind , but how do I capture the screen shot?

Dale

Doug 7rxc

It sounds like a trip to me. Still unfound even with the nice summer and fall we had . I think next summer I'm going to plan on finding some of those mountain caches but this one is interesting.

Did I find it hard, not really. Looked at your profile and your from elkford so I started there. The map looked like a mine may be close and some what knowing the area I just searched for a bare area and after 5 minutes I found it. Great game,and I have a cache inmind , but how do I capture the screen shot?

Dale

Doug 7rxc

[Ctrl] + [prt Scr] then [Ctrl] + V to paste into a pictur editor.

[Ctrl] + [prt Scr] then [Ctrl] + V to paste into a pictur editor.

no such luck, Picture editor?

That would be like PhotoShop or Paint Shop pro etc... an image editor. I'm not sure if these days even MS Paint might do it.

It isn't that hard to do... to post it here you need it online somewhere... I'll email you through your profile about this.

Doug 7rxc

hmm, a candidate for the lonely cache challenge...

This would be right up your alley... (the map hunt that is) in plain sight, not found as often as it should be etc... :rolleyes:

I take it the weather stopped your brothers trip to the WBT / B&O pair? It was still good at the beginning of Dec...

Have fun with this though!

Doug 7rxc

No takers yet <_< I'm told its not to hard to find, however no trys or requests :o . Should I throw in a hint? I'll wait a day or so as I know everyone is busy with the holidays still.

It's a busy time for sure... I'd wait a while 'til the hangovers and blurry eyes clear up NEXT YEAR!

Have a Happy New Year all!

Doug 7rxc

66a88a65-4739-4eaf-850e-eeddf2f70ba3.jpg

Ok, I think I have it now. Sorry everyone as this is my first time. North is up. Have at it and many many thanks to Doug 7rxc

edit. only been found six times since it was published in 2006 :anibad:

GCWXDZ Elbow Valley View?

While waiting for GEO This to confirm... did you have any difficulty with the find?

Doug 7rxc... NOW I can play again... thanks!

Not too bad. I think it was mostly just luck because any other time I looked for them I had no success at all. Why couldn't you play last time?

BTW, will the forum not let me put I picture on that I saved to gc.com? I tried and then previewed it and it didn't show up in the preview.

Craig

Not too bad. I think it was mostly just luck because any other time I looked for them I had no success at all. Why couldn't you play last time?

BTW, will the forum not let me put I picture on that I saved to gc.com? I tried and then previewed it and it didn't show up in the preview.

Craig

I helped GT a bit and had some knowledge of the answer, but not where it was... check your email and contact me there!

Doug 7rxc

Let's see... admitted getting skunked to MaliBooBoo, let's say I was busy... yeah and distracted... and apparently my 'high tech' method of looking for airports wasn't that fast... or complete either it seems.

On that subject, thanks to Savant9 for the .kmz link... I can see that being a big help or not... I was able to recreate my search.. but not my bad eyesight... I was using an incomplete list from the gov't as a .pdf file manually. Didn't have Stewart listed.

Maybe they can't get a licence for the airstrip... I went up there several times and didn't see the town at all... tired. One has to do this clearheaded for sure, especially manually.

I'm now able to say that I used .kmz to find the northern Quebec airport.. saw it the other search too! Had no trouble locating the last one manually... those big bullseyes help...

Waiting patiently for next one...

Doug 7rxc