Waymarking issues

ZeroHecksGiven

So I had one issue, that turned into two with the Waymarking site. I created a waymark over two weeks ago and it has yet to be approved. Is this normal? This seems like a huge hassle to me and to be honest, not really worth the time or effort in creating them if they never see the light of day.

So I figured I would ask THAT question on the Waymarking forums, but I've never been able to log in or join. When I use my login for the Waymarking site, same as here, it says the account has either been blocked or not setup. So when I click join, it gives me the ever popular 500 error I get elsewhere on the site.

Can anyone help me out here. Was hoping to spend some time over the winter going over the 90 some art installations and various historic buildings in my community and Waymarking them all. If simple issues like these are normal, I'll just forget about it all together...

I finally got into the forums, not sure what I did different. After doing some searches on there, it does appear that some waymarks can be approved in mere minutes, others might never. To me, this peer review process is somewhat flawed making it frustrating for a newer user like myself. I'm not sure why I need to email multiple people, do research on this reviewer and track them down if my waymark hasn't been approved in a month. Has to be an easier way.

Think I'll pass on this whole Waymarking deal for now and figure someway to incorporate these art installations into a multi or challenge cache of some sort.

Think I'll pass on this whole Waymarking deal for now and figure someway to incorporate these art installations into a multi or challenge cache of some sort.

It must depend on the category ... I found one that was actually referenced in a geocache but had for some reason never been tagged as a waymark, so maybe mentioning that helped speed up the process for me.

Have you looked at the Wherigo stuff? You can use it to make GPS games or tours or whatever ... an art tour with all your waymarks as part of the Wherigo adventure would be a pretty nifty thing for your community. And you could also include them as a multi-cache or something (some Wherigos end in real caches, and some don't ... but we don't have much in my area for me to try out).

If at least one of those art formations is near something unique in a geological, nature kind of way, you might do them as Earth Caches too.

Lots of luck!

...snip...

So I figured I would ask THAT question on the Waymarking forums, but I've never been able to log in or join. When I use my login for the Waymarking site, same as here, it says the account has either been blocked or not setup. So when I click join, it gives me the ever popular 500 error I get elsewhere on the site.

...snip...

I believe the forums are broken. See my thread here

Don't give up on Waymarking just yet. It isn't the same as GC and the website/interface does seem to be more crude in many respects but once you get going you might really enjoy it. We've found it much easier with the kids on trips and much more informative. We have not stopped GC, just added more WM :) .

I'm not giving up entirely, it's just a frustrating experience. My waymark that I submitted three weeks ago was just approved last night. It's tough to add pictures, use the forums, etc. I dunno, I've found some cool local spots that I might otherwise overlook, even with geocaching, but overall, just not a user friendly experience in my opinion...

When we first started Waymarking we found the process of uploading photos very frustrating. But once we found the right program to reduce the size of the photo, it's now a breeze, and I've uploaded thousands of pictures with no trouble at all.

Getting on the forums can sometimes be frustrating, but it happens to all of us. They are trying to identify the cause and fix the problem, but until then we just have to deal with it.

Overall the site is pretty user friendly, and they are trying to fix some of the bugs.