Who decides what becomes Premium?

Hallcross

Maybe a silly question, is it purely the CO of the site or do geocaching.com have any input?.

Quite a few of which I have done in my area have suddenly become Premium, including one very prolific cachers output of which I was part way through a series! Rather stymied on the series now, as you have to collect data from each cache to proceed.

Just curious.

Thanks

Maybe a silly question, is it purely the CO of the site or do geocaching.com have any input?.

Quite a few of which I have done in my area have suddenly become Premium, including one very prolific cachers output of which I was part way through a series! Rather stymied on the series now, as you have to collect data from each cache to proceed.

Just curious.

Thanks

It's the prerogative of the cache owner. They decide whether the cache is Premium Members Only or not. Geocaching.com have no input.

It is purely the CO who decides if their caches should be Premium Member Only (as long as they are a PM).

Groundspeak offer this option to Premium Members and have no say in how that option is exercised.

Paul

Geohatter

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Edited by geohatter

There may be a reason they were made PM... <_<

Email sent.

Thanks for that, makes a lot of sense, I have put PM on my wanted Christmas list

Cheers

Got a 'new' GPS, or an old one not registered?

Worth a read:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?p...page&id=183

Register a Garmin via the site and get 30 days Premium Membership (Others have registered older Garmins, so long as it hasn't been registered previously, and got the 30 day trial!)

There may be a reason they were made PM... :unsure:

Email sent.

Thanks for that, makes a lot of sense, I have put PM on my wanted Christmas list

Cheers

Got a 'new' GPS, or an old one not registered?

Worth a read:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?p...page&id=183

Register a Garmin via the site and get 30 days Premium Membership (Others have registered older Garmins, so long as it hasn't been registered previously, and got the 30 day trial!)

Will look into it tomorrow, I didn't realise older ones were eligible.

Thanks