Map Shading on Oregon 450

So does Garmin plan on fixing the map shading issue? I currently have the NE and SE Topo's from GPSFileDepot loaded on my 450 and I used to have the brown map background up until a couple of updates ago. Now all my maps just have the white background. I know its not that big of a deal I was just trying to figure out why the did away with it.

The problem I am seeing is all the maps that I have downloaded from GPSFileDepot all have white backgrounds instead of colored. If I open them up in Mapsource I see all the elevation shading and stuff like that but when I put them on my GPS all I have is white background with elevation rings. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

The problem I am seeing is all the maps that I have downloaded from GPSFileDepot all have white backgrounds instead of colored. If I open them up in Mapsource I see all the elevation shading and stuff like that but when I put them on my GPS all I have is white background with elevation rings. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

None of the free maps from GPSFileDepot have elevation shading, you must be mistaking them with a Garmin MPC map.

Do you have the "T" model? As coggins said, none of the maps at gpsfiledepot.com have shading. That comes from DEM data which we have no way to add to our maps. However, if you have a T model or have Garmin topo100K on your GPS, you have DEM data. The GPS will use the DEM data to show shading with the gpsfiledepot maps. I am not sure how much shading ability you get with the base map of the non T models, but I do not think it is much. Go into map set up and see what you have shading set to.

Also which maps are you using? I take it you are from KY-My Topos and My Trails cover KY which are my maps. They are just overlays to show on top of another map. So in MapSource all you see on My topos is the topo lines and hydrology with a white background. The same for My Trails and My POIs (Eastern Landownership shows shading for landownership). However, there is a complete state map that someone else made that includes a background and roads. If you have that map loaded, you should be seeing more than just a white background.