Stay with the Builder or start again with URWIGO or Earwigo

MtnLioness

I am building my 1st Wherigo, not come across any problems as yet and didn't do the tutorial, (didn't know about it). I am just fiddling and learning my way through it and have input 4 zones and story and some commands so far, however, after reading through some of these threads I am wondering if the advise given to a few other people about switching to URWIGO or Earwigo would really benefit me?

Would I have to start again?

Not really keen on that idea as I have done a lot it seems.

Just getting my head around it thus far has been easy enough but I am not by any standard the typical genius that tries to make these Whereigos!

Some advise please?

I am building my 1st Wherigo, not come across any problems as yet and didn't do the tutorial, (didn't know about it). I am just fiddling and learning my way through it and have input 4 zones and story and some commands so far, however, after reading through some of these threads I am wondering if the advise given to a few other people about switching to URWIGO or Earwigo would really benefit me?

Would I have to start again?

Not really keen on that idea as I have done a lot it seems.

Just getting my head around it thus far has been easy enough but I am not by any standard the typical genius that tries to make these Whereigos!

Some advise please?

I am by no means an expert! I used the Wherigo builder initially but changed to Urwigo - you can import a builder LUA file into Urwigo quite easily. I have not found a user manual for Urwigo but there does seem to be a fair bit of information around for the builder.

If I had not used the builder and then imported the LUA file into Urwigo I do not think I would have stuck with it (Urwigo). At least, by importing, I was able to see how Urwigo puts a cartridge together.

I have not tried Earwigo so cannot comment on it!

Hope that helps.