Travel Bug visiting caches?

:DK

My personal opinion:

If you're going to do lots of average-not-very-exciting caches then please don't feel you need to "visit" my TB to each and every one - just one of them each day is fine.

If you're going to take it to several different states/countries I'd be pleased if it got to visit a cache in each one to show it had been there.

If you're going somewhere really scenic/famous/historic then I would love my TB to visit.

If you can just correctly log my TB out of, and then into a cache when you finally drop it off then I will be satisfied.

If you can add a photgraph of my TB visiting somewhere interesting to the TB logs then may all the blessings of the Great Frog be upon you.

(And thank you for asking)

MrsB <_<

I have moved a few travel bugs and what i am wondering is if you have the travel bugs with you when geocaching, should you let them visit each cache so they can get more milage on them?

How would you want your travel bug treated?

I have a couple bugs where a person who found them moved them from cache to cache. One had over 30 entries over two days but only traveled a total of 60 miles. The other, the person moved it over 700 miles over the course of a week or so and dipped it several caches along the way. The first one kind of annoyed me as what is the point, the second one while the miles were a little on the fake side did actually get moved quite a distance.

My point is that while both meant well it seems there should be point if you are going to just dip it in many caches.

Edited by Derf69

My personal opinion:

If you're going to do lots of average-not-very-exciting caches then please don't feel you need to "visit" my TB to each and every one - just one of them each day is fine.

If you're going to take it to several different states/countries I'd be pleased if it got to visit a cache in each one to show it had been there.

If you're going somewhere really scenic/famous/historic then I would love my TB to visit.

If you can just correctly log my TB out of, and then into a cache when you finally drop it off then I will be satisfied.

If you can add a photgraph of my TB visiting somewhere interesting to the TB logs then may all the blessings of the Great Frog be upon you.

(And thank you for asking)

MrsB <_<

That's pretty much how I've handled some TBs I've picked up. On one particular trip I had 2-3 TBs in my possession that I picked up near home. I logged them in and out of caches in South Africa and Zimbabwe, took pictures of them in both locations (the cache in SA was a nano) before bringing them back home and placing them in a cache a few miles from where I picked them up. On another trip I took a Lion TB to the cache at the Colosseum in Rome (a micro). I had asked the CO if they just wanted me to "dip" the TB in Rome and bring it back home when I returned but they said to go ahead and leave it in a cache there (which I did). It's since been the German, the UK, Malta, back to Italy, and is back in Germany again. From what I've seen TB's seem to move from cache-to-cache quite frequently in Germany but they tend to stay in Germany for a long time.