Cache for Premium Members

rvjn

My daughter has a cache she has designated as for premium members only. She would like to change it to allow anyone to access the cache. I have tried to help her but cannot find anywhere on the Edit page where it can be changed off of premium members only. I have written to the volunteer approver but he had no idea. Anyone here have any ideas? Can it be done? Or if once restricted does it have to stay restricted?

Make sure you are logged into the site by the person who owns the cache listing.

3aa3c938-2c84-43cd-941e-89df3b1531b1.jpg

On the cache page on the right-hand side, under Navigation, select Edit listing.

c8ccd9a2-0c29-4cec-a49c-d974c9e46d78.jpg

Then just under "Cache Placed By:" look for the check box that states: Check if you only want Premium and Charter Members to view this cache.

2d88790b-eabc-45bd-b382-5a9dc2fbb9ae.jpg

uncheck

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select

Yes. I have read and understand the guidelines for listing a cache.

Yes. I have read and agree to the terms of use agreement.

Submit.

3499d16f-c16f-429d-9849-ace5a973b523.jpg

Edited by BlueDeuce

Make sure you are logged into the site by the person who owns the cache listing.

On the cache page on the right-hand side, under Navigation, select Edit listing.

c8ccd9a2-0c29-4cec-a49c-d974c9e46d78.jpg

Then just under "Cache Placed By:" look for the check box that states: Check if you only want Premium and Charter Members to view this cache.

2d88790b-eabc-45bd-b382-5a9dc2fbb9ae.jpg

uncheck

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select

Yes. I have read and understand the guidelines for listing a cache.

Yes. I have read and agree to the terms of use agreement.

Submit.

b3fa9ae6-f769-458b-805c-85eff97e06f6.jpg

I am signed in with her name/id but that box and check mark are NOT there! That does NOT come up on the edit page!

I am signed in with her name/id but that box and check mark are NOT there! That does NOT come up on the edit page!

Is your daughter a Premium Member?

There was a lad on here a while back who used to be a premium member and set a number of his caches to Premium Member Only.

Then he let his membership lapse and went back to being a basic member.

He was then unable to set his caches back to non premium member because the check box was not there on the page on his basic member account.

Sounds very similar to your problem. Not saying it is the solution but worth checking your daughter's account status.

If it is the problem, then from memory he had to get a reviewer to switch the PMO off on his caches for him.

As Lovejoy and Tinker have already posted, if your daughter's Premium Membership has lapsed, she will not see that box! it doesn't appear on the report form for basic members.

The local reviewer can edit it for her (though the local reviewer may not know that.)

BE SURE that the email with the request to change the cache status is sent from the cache owner's account on Geocaching.com.

Send that request to either a reviewer account, or to contact@geocaching.com.

If your daughter is still a Premium Member, then you have a buggy report form. That definitely needs to go to contact@geocaching.com

Edited by palmetto

As Lovejoy and Tinker have already posted, if your daughter's Premium Membership has lapsed, she will not see that box! it doesn't appear on the report form for basic members.

The local reviewer can edit it for her (though the local reviewer may not know that.)

BE SURE that the email with the request to change the cache status is sent from the cache owner's account on Geocaching.com.

If your daughter is still a Premium Member, then you have a buggy report form. That definitely needs to go to contact@geocaching.com

This may be the problem. She is NOT a premium member. I did write to the reviewer to begin with. He did not know the answer to the problem. That is when I wrote to the forum. As you say, it appears he does not know that he can change this for her. I will write him again. Thanks for all your help on the Forum.

This may be the problem. She is NOT a premium member. I did write to the reviewer to begin with. He did not know the answer to the problem. That is when I wrote to the forum. As you say, it appears he does not know that he can change this for her. I will write him again. Thanks for all your help on the Forum.

<_< Wrote the reviewer (again) with details as you folks have stated, just got a response from him and all is taken care of now! Thx so much for all your help! It is unfortunate that the reviewer didn't think of this in the first place. would have saved me a lot of time and trouble. At any rate, it's done now.

Thanks again. :rolleyes: