1-day Caching Excursions

golffox

I live on the Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ border. Looking for places to geocache where I can either hike or bike and spend the day cluster caching (state parks, etc). Willing to drive 50ish miles either way. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Double Trouble State park has a lot of caches, most by Arrowone.

Bike and walking friendly.

I dont know how far DT is from you.

Here is a GC # of a cache in DT:

GC14714

Edited by Spatial Distortion

Double Trouble is a good 80+ miles away and that's "as the geocrow flies."

Not a big fan of numbers runs, if that's what "cluster" caching is (never heard of it before), But in your area, NJ may be the way to go.

Could be the Paulinskill Trail (along rt 94 in Warren County, NJ) may be a good bet. A great bike trail, a cache almost every .10 for it's entire 27 mile stretch.

"Just down the road" in your area, Merrill Creek Reservoir in Washington,NJ has quite a few hike-to caches on/surrounding it.

Jenny Jump State Park, in Hope, NJ has a few "a bit" higher terrain hikes.

Allamuchy State Park, in Hacketstown, NJ will easily keep you busy with hike and bike runs for a day or two.

Walker22 has a long series on Brass Castle rd. near Belvidere,NJ.

Many caches along the Pequest Wildlife Management Area along rts 46 and 31 near Butzville.

Don't pass up any Jasper Ralph 13 caches when in the area, they're fun !

In my area of PA, Latitude55 & cb have a fun light hike-to "The Big Dipper" series on game lands 168, near Clearfield (off 512.)

Stellarscape's "WB&E " series is a great hike/bike-to near Camelback Mtn. with many around them. In fact, Stellarscapes could keep you very busy with most of her areas. Well worth a look.

We have a small hike-to series in game lands 186 , starting with "I'm a little teapot" (you got the series on the Nor-Bath Trail.)

Well, hope that helps. Should get you started. :D

Edited by cerberus1