Caching with a friend

*Jeremy*

I recently started caching with a fellow cacher and I have around 1000 finds while he has near 700.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to merge our finds so that we can look for caches that neither of us has found.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

You could probably do something with your Myfinds query and a third party app like GSAK or even a database program. I am assuming you just want to compare lists, not merge your accounts.

GSAK is a great way to separate two peoples found caches to come up with a list that both need to find. I've done it several times.

One of you take your "My Finds" PQ and add it to a database all by itself. Then the other person(s) run a PQ of their unfound caches. Have them forward it to you and then drop in into your found cache database. Any caches that didn't filter (showing you've found them) will be caches you both need to find. Now you can filter out your found caches, export a .gpx file and send it back so both of you are working off the same .gpx. Easy pie.

I recently started caching with a fellow cacher and I have around 1000 finds while he has near 700.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to merge our finds so that we can look for caches that neither of us has found.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

You could probably do something with your Myfinds query and a third party app like GSAK or even a database program. I am assuming you just want to compare lists, not merge your accounts.

Many ways with GSAK, see this thread. Also see Clyde's macro.

GSAK is a great way to separate two peoples found caches to come up with a list that both need to find. I've done it several times.

One of you take your "My Finds" PQ and add it to a database all by itself. Then the other person(s) run a PQ of their unfound caches. Have them forward it to you and then drop in into your found cache database. Any caches that didn't filter (showing you've found them) will be caches you both need to find. Now you can filter out your found caches, export a .gpx file and send it back so both of you are working off the same .gpx. Easy pie.

I need to remind posters not to suggest solutions that involve sharing pocket queries. This is a violation of the Terms of Use for pocket queries.

There is a TOU-compatible GSAK macro that will do the job.

A bookmark list by person A with a possible target list, forwarded to persons B and C for editing based on caches already found, is another solution. When the parties agree on a final bookmark list, everyone runs their own pocket query on the list.

There's a Feedback topic asking for the ability to perform this comparison via the site without violating any Terms of Use -- perhaps utilizing the friends feature. If you like this idea you should go vote for it.