Colorado 400t maps for hiking

Is the birdseye view maps the best to get for hiking on the Colorado 400t? Is there an SD card version of it?

I'm new to this GPSr and very excited to use it for longer hikes in more rugged territory.

Any advice on maps would be appreciated.

Also, am I able to track my progress and then trackback w/o having the City Navigator SD card?

Not sure if a similar mapset is available for Florida, but around here we use moun10bike's northwest trails mapset.

If you turn tracklog on, your track will be visible on the screen, and you can just follow it back if you so wish. You don't need any maps at all to use the track feature.

Make sure you run webupdater to be sure to have the newest firmware on the unit. There have been many updates over the years that have added features and bug fixes.

Is the birdseye view maps the best to get for hiking on the Colorado 400t? Is there an SD card version of it?
Probably not. Too often, the view from the top isn't very revealing. Heavy canopy can totally obscure a trail or other useful feature. As for coming on an SD card -- no. You subscribe and take only the segments you need/want, and they take up a boatload of memory, as you can imagine, being satellite images.

A good 24K topo will serve you better. Garmin sells them, and www.gpsfiledepot.com will provide a lot of good ones for free.