Home is where the Cache is geocoin

EyeD10T

I am pleased to share with you my first geocoin, Home is where the cache is.

Homeiwtcache.jpg

The coin is being made now and should be ready in a few weeks. The coin will be 1.75", trackable, and will have an icon. I only am going with the nickel plating on the first run. I think that nickel would look good with the color of the stone in the fireplace. If there is enough interest, then I may have another run with other plating types.

I will be selling these coins. The asking price will be $10.00 + $2.50 for shipping and handling. Shipping costs outside of the US will be a little more.

If you will be interested in me holding one for you, please let me know and I will reserve one. You can PM me or email me - My email is: eyedcache[at]gmail[dot]com

Have a great day!

Edited by Eartha

Can you tell us a little more about your coin? The story behind it that is? <_<

When I think of home, I think of family. Nothing really compares to the sense of pride that one feels when a child makes an accomplishment or reaches a milestone. Being able to hug your loved ones and spend a quiet day doing things with the family is one of the best feelings in the world. No matter what happens in our daily lives, the best part of the day is being at home with the family.

Geocaching is a hobby that allows you to spend this same quality time with the family. There are milestones to reach, beautiful things to see, and it’s a lot of fun watching the kids when they make a find and when they trade out SWAG. Not to mention the fact that it feels really good (almost heartwarming) when you do make the find, especially the difficult ones.

That is what this coin reminded me of – warmth and comfort that I feel at home, quality time that can be spent with the family, gratitude for all that I have been blessed with, and the great appreciation I feel when making the next find. :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for the kind words about this coin and a special thanks to those that have reserved one. The response has been great!

Everyone that will be purchasing one of these coins from the initial run will have an opportunity to win a prize. For every coin that you purchase, you will receive a ticket for a drawing that will be held early next year. Once I receive the coins, I will set a date for the eligibility to end and the date of the drawing.

There will be a total of 5 prizes:

1st prize will be a ready-to-go cache (ammo can, swag, logbook, pencil, FTF prize)

2nd prize will be a Gold DNF Geocoin

3rd prize will be a Micro camo bison tube

4th and 5th prizes will be reimbursement of shipping cost for one coin

As a special thanks to everyone that reserves a coin, upon payment you will receive 3 tickets for each coin you reserve.

Just send me an email at eyedcache[at]gmail[dot]com to reserve your coin and triple your chance of winning!

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

I hope that everyone is having a good day! I wanted to post an update on this coin. The vendor wrote to me and said that the coin will be shipping to me this week. I should have pictures of the coin by Thursday and will post them here when I do.

There are a total of 100 being minted in the nickel version and there will be no more of this type after that. If I do end up selling enough of them, I might consider other platings as well....I am thinking that a black nickel would be nice....but we will see.

The prize drawing is still on. If you have reserved a coin or want to, you will still receive 3 tickets for the drawing when your coin is shipped. After that, if a coin is ordered you will get one ticket - this will be for a limited time and for only coins that are ordered through this community. Once I receive the coins, I will set a date for the drawing (and a cutoff date for the tickets).

I have also decided to reduce the price for the community members to $9.00 + $2.50 for shipping. Overseas shipping will be more - we can work that out if you order. Once I complete the drawing, I will be bumping the price up a tad.

If you would like to reserve a coin, please email me at eyedcache[at]gmail[dot]com. Once the coins are in hand, the reservation period will be over.

For those that have reserved a coin, I will be in contact with you as soon as I get the coins to make shipping and paypal arrangements. I did send confirmation emails to everyone that has reserved one so far, so if you didnt receive an email from me please let me know.

Thanks again all! Have a great week!

I hope that everyone is having a good day! I wanted to post an update on this coin. The vendor wrote to me and said that the coin will be shipping to me this week. I should have pictures of the coin by Thursday and will post them here when I do.

There are a total of 100 being minted in the nickel version and there will be no more of this type after that. If I do end up selling enough of them, I might consider other platings as well....I am thinking that a black nickel would be nice....but we will see.

The prize drawing is still on. If you have reserved a coin or want to, you will still receive 3 tickets for the drawing when your coin is shipped. After that, if a coin is ordered you will get one ticket - this will be for a limited time and for only coins that are ordered through this community. Once I receive the coins, I will set a date for the drawing (and a cutoff date for the tickets).

I have also decided to reduce the price for the community members to $9.00 + $2.50 for shipping. Overseas shipping will be more - we can work that out if you order. Once I complete the drawing, I will be bumping the price up a tad.

If you would like to reserve a coin, please email me at eyedcache[at]gmail[dot]com. Once the coins are in hand, the reservation period will be over.

For those that have reserved a coin, I will be in contact with you as soon as I get the coins to make shipping and paypal arrangements. I did send confirmation emails to everyone that has reserved one so far, so if you didnt receive an email from me please let me know.

Thanks again all! Have a great week!

You Have Mail :)

Heard from the vendor today and the coins are delayed at the mint. Should not be too long before they ship. I will update this thread when I hear more.

The home is where the cache is coins have begun the migration from the "Left" coast to the "Right" coast via UPS ground. They are scheduled to arrive on December the 28th. I will accept reservations up until the 28th and at that point the reservation period will be over. Every coin that is reserved will come with 3 chances for the prize drawing that I am doing for members of the community. After the 28th, any coin purchased (up until the drawing date) will receive 1 chance for the drawing. As of today, I still have 61 coins available.

I have set the date for the drawing and it will be held on:

1-11-11.

This is the perfect date for the drawing. If you are a prize winner you will be able to tell everyone that you...

"Won one on 1-1-1-1-1" :)

So, make sure you get your reservations in today to triple your chances of Winning one on 1-1-1-1-1

Edited by EyeD10T

Received the coins today and I am more than happy with how they came out. Like many coins, the pictures just don't do them justice.

hiwtcif.jpg

hiwtcib.jpg

I will be sending a paypal invoice to those that have reserved a coin and will ship them as soon as I receive payment. Thank you to all that ordered a coin (or 2) ;)

Reservations are now closed, but you can still buy these coins until 1-11-11 and receive the community forum discount as well as a chance in the drawing. After the drawing, the coins will still be available on my website but discount and prize drawing will no longer apply.

Have a great day!

Received my coin and coupons today, I love the fireplace. You did a very nice coin. Glad I can add one to my collection.

Wow - that was fast. Thank you, I am glad that you like it. I had hoped the fireplace would stand out and I think that it does. Good luck in the drawing ;)

There was an issue with the activation code for these coins, but the issue should be resolved. I have emailed everyone that ordered one with the information. If anyone has any issues activating the coin, please let me know. I was able to activate 2 coins today, so I think that the problem was fixed.

Just 5 days left until the prize drawing. I still have some coins left, so if you place an order before the 11th, you will still get a change to win one on 11111 :)

Have a great day everyone!

Today is the last chance to buy a home is where the cache is coin for $9 and to get a ticket for a chance to win one on 11111. This offer is good until midnight tonight (Pacific Standard time). I will be doing the drawing sometime after midnight and will post the winning numbers in this thread. Winners will be contacted via email so I can confirm the shipping address to send your prize to.

Thank you again everyone for your support. If you are interested in getting in on this offer, just email me through my profile or:

eyedcache at gmail dot com

Good luck! Have a great day everyone!

The drawing is complete and here are the cachers that have...

Won One on 11111

First, I drew for 4th and 5th place.

Tickets number 856008 & 856019

Congratulations to EveryWhichWay and wheezor. They will receive reimbursement of the shipping charges that they paid for the coin.

Next is 3rd place, which is a Micro Camo Bison Tube:

drawing3.jpg

Ticket number 856020

Congratulations, Drneal!!

Next is 2nd place, which is a DNF Geocoin:

drawing2.jpg

Ticket number 856012

Congratulations, kini_ont!!

And the Grand Prize winner of a ready to go cache:

drawing1.jpg

Ticket number 856025, which belongs to GaryM53! Congratulations!

Congratulations to all of the winners and a Big Thank you to everyone to bought a coin! I will be contacting the winners to verify shipping information and will ship the prizes as soon as I have.

I do have some more coins left and they are on sale on my website for anyone that may be interest. Have a great day everyone! <Eye-D OUT> :rolleyes:

The drawing is complete and here are the cachers that have...

Won One on 11111

Next is 2nd place, which is a DNF Geocoin:

drawing2.jpg

Ticket number 856012

Congratulations, kini_ont!!

Congratulations to all of the winners and a Big Thank you to everyone to bought a coin! I will be contacting the winners to verify shipping information and will ship the prizes as soon as I have.

I do have some more coins left and they are on sale on my website for anyone that may be interest. Have a great day everyone! :rolleyes:

And thank you :) Just received my coins yesterday, looking good :D

Received my drawing prize today, a very nice camo bison tube...plan to make use of it on a 13 part multi-cache I hope to have in place before GWIX this year...chiro-cache 13...feeling lucky punk? This should make for the easiest of the containers to find!

Thank you again EyeD10T...I won 1 on 11111!

ILYK