"Bulk Ignore"

Sorry if this is a FAQ - but is there any way to "bulk ignore" a group of caches in an area? I know I can add individual caches to my Ignore list, but is there a way to send a large group to that list?

(my scenario: my local cache search is picking up hundreds of caches from the other side of a nearby river, however these caches are not really "close" to me considering the travelling time it would take me to get there. Even though they are showing as 10 miles away "as the crow flies", it would take me nearly 2 hours to drive there. So I'm looking to ignore them all for now so they dont appear in my searches...).

TIA!

Thanks for the quick reply.

1: I'll have a look at GSAK - never used it before. Will this then apply the Ignores back to Groundspeak (ie. so future web and iPhone app searches ignore the caches?) Or does the filter only work in GSAK? I guess I'll have to read what GSAK is.

2: Nope. I'm in the UK and "Yorkshire & Humberside" region covers both banks of the River Humber...unfortuantely!

Two answers:

1: GSAK allows you to filter by supplying coordinates of a shape you would like your caches in.

2: Are you really lucky and the river is a border to a state? if so apply the state filter to your PQ.

Philip

Both of these answers are exactly what I was going to say. I'm on the eastern edge of Minnesota, with the Mississippi River separating Minnesota from Wisconsin. I've used both methods at various times to filter my searches.
Thanks for the quick reply.

1: I'll have a look at GSAK - never used it before. Will this then apply the Ignores back to Groundspeak (ie. so future web and iPhone app searches ignore the caches?) Or does the filter only work in GSAK? I guess I'll have to read what GSAK is.

2: Nope. I'm in the UK and "Yorkshire & Humberside" region covers both banks of the River Humber...unfortuantely!

GSAK is a very powerful tool for manipulating pocket queries (.gpx files, more correctly). You can use it to customize the output format to your GPS, to sort and filter your PQ, and much, much more. There is a library of user-written macros on GSAKs website for doing even more tricks with the data.

But the stuff we're talking about here is Filters, and in particular, the Polygon filter feature.

Will this then apply the Ignores back to Groundspeak (ie. so future web and iPhone app searches ignore the caches?) Or does the filter only work in GSAK?

It only works on PQs you've already run. It then filters the unwanted ones out with a polygon filter.

Here is a link to my favorite polygon filter. It takes several steps, but is actually very quick and simple to use, once you know how. :anibad: Post again, or email me if you want more help with this.

http://gsak.net/google/polygoneditor.html