Southern Indiana

hoosier guy

I hid three new caches in the past week and sadly the poor weather has kept me from making any major cache runs. Wanted to hit 500 before Thanksgiving but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Looking forward to going up to Terre Haute and reconnecting with a couple friends over the holiday. Might grab a few Vigo County Caches while I'm up there. What do the rest of you southerners have going on?

I'm going to the Pi event too on the 27th. Now that's really an incentive to go!!!

Even though I don't live in the Wabash Valley area (I'm in the Indy area), I do get over to Terre Haute for various events and caching.

The highlights of my caching forays over there have been the caches in Highland Lawn Cemetery. HLC is a very cool cemetery - much like Crown Hill if you've ever been over to Indy. Gigger and Clay C have some very, very neat caches there. Be sure to read the cache pages as you do the caches or you'll miss out on all the great stories. GCJ6ZV is one of Gigger's caches that gives coordinates to al the interesting spots. Also, Clay C has a haunted Wabash Valley series that is pretty cool too. Again, you'll want to read the cache pages so that you get a great story to go along with the cache.

Near Highland Lawn Cemetery is another cemetery. I believe it's Calvary. That's a pretty place too. Also located nearby is Demming Park. A lot of nice caching there.

In fact, the day that I hit all those spots mentioned above still remains as one of the best days of Geocaching ever!

So...visit the spots and then join us for some pie! (GC2J298 is the GC for the Pi Event)

Hoosier Guy--

My top 5 Terre Haute caches are (keeping in mind that I've only found about 2/3rds of them)...

- Rabbit Hole Revenge (a tough traditional that kept my newbie self looking for over 4.5 hours on 4 different visits)

- We've been malled, again (again, took several visits, and had one of the biggest "aha!" moments I've ever had while caching)

- Big Bang (a 1/1 traditional that ended up being a fun challenge)

- Something's Fishy at Wabashiki (a puzzle cache that requires finding 6 other caches in the immediate area, and using them to find this final cache--the puzzle itself only involves finding the other 6 caches, and some basic addition)

- Don't Look Down! (the only cache that I currently own--so naturally I have to recommend it. It's a 2/4.5 that involves quite a climb, if you're up to that)

Hope this gives you some ideas! Deming Park (where Rabbit Hole Revenge is located) has several other interesting caches as well. Also know that Rabbit Hole is gone... <_<

BaylorGrad

Hoosier Guy--

My top 5 Terre Haute caches are (keeping in mind that I've only found about 2/3rds of them)...

- Rabbit Hole Revenge (a tough traditional that kept my newbie self looking for over 4.5 hours on 4 different visits)

- We've been malled, again (again, took several visits, and had one of the biggest "aha!" moments I've ever had while caching)

- Big Bang (a 1/1 traditional that ended up being a fun challenge)

- Something's Fishy at Wabashiki (a puzzle cache that requires finding 6 other caches in the immediate area, and using them to find this final cache--the puzzle itself only involves finding the other 6 caches, and some basic addition)

- Don't Look Down! (the only cache that I currently own--so naturally I have to recommend it. It's a 2/4.5 that involves quite a climb, if you're up to that)

Hope this gives you some ideas! Deming Park (where Rabbit Hole Revenge is located) has several other interesting caches as well. Also know that Rabbit Hole is gone... <_<

BaylorGrad

BG

I am loading them now. Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

HG