Longest distance traveled by a bug

Hawk-eye

Just curious ... what's the longest distance you've seen on a travel bug's mileage? Either one you've placed or one you've encountered. I have a bug that has so far ... gone 3984.86 miles ... Hawk-eye Uno

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

I had placed a bug about a month ago. It was picked up the very same day but didn't go anywhere for a while. Finally it was logged 6782 miles away (from MD to Japan) on it's first and (so far) only move. While this probably isn't the most mileage overall, I bet it's as big a first time move as they come.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=6165

Way back in the days when the grass was still green

and the pond was still wet

and the clouds were still clean,

and the song of the Swomee-Swans rang out in space?

one morning, I came to this glorious place.

The Brown-eyed owl is at 9827 and on the move. We got it from MN to Singapore which was a 9070 hop.... North. Thats what an 18hour plane flight can do for you. The Owl just got picked up by someone from the UK and is currently on a cruise ship sailing down the Malacca Strait. I'm anxious to see if he makes it around the world as he's already half way.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=298

Bad Randy This travel bug was first placed by me into a cache as a normal trade item, and the next person to the cache turned it into a travel bug. It went from Minnesota to Hawaii, then from there to the U.K., and officially from the website, it has travelled 11179.08 miles. Of course, we don't know what way it went to the U.K. from Hawaii (east or west), so we'll have to settle for the official numbers. 15T

www.1800goguard.com

My Pink Intel Bunnyperson travel bug has gone to New Zealand, hung out for a few months, and has recently been brought back to North America, and is waiting to be placed in a cache in Canada. 7913.22 without the trip back.

Not the most, but something I am proud of, since it was my first release, and it actually hung out in New Zealand, instead of being a travel companion.

/Alienpuppy

The Travel Bug search/home page gives a list of the to travelled bugs and currently "Oliver" holds pole positionwith 18,817 miles.

We released a traveller here in the UK before tags were available in the UK (in fact, not sure if they were available at all). Because we wanted to keep a track of him we set up a website for him here www.gulliverbear.co.uk.

I believe we use the same method of calculating travel distance (Great Circle Method) and he has to date travelled 22,194 miles. These miles are TRUE geocacher type (ie. cache to cache) movements not a "travel-companion-I-carry-it-everywhere".

Tim & June (Winchester)

To cache, or not to cache. That is the question !

Oh to hell with the work. icon_smile.gif

The Travel Bug search/home page gives a list of the to travelled bugs and currently "Oliver" holds pole positionwith 18,817 miles.

We released a traveller here in the UK before tags were available in the UK (in fact, not sure if they were available at all). Because we wanted to keep a track of him we set up a website for him here www.gulliverbear.co.uk.

I believe we use the same method of calculating travel distance (Great Circle Method) and he has to date travelled 22,194 miles. These miles are TRUE geocacher type (ie. cache to cache) movements not a "travel-companion-I-carry-it-everywhere".

Tim & June (Winchester)

To cache, or not to cache. That is the question !

Oh to hell with the work. icon_smile.gif