Help in finding exact coordinates

alcores

To all you adventurous people out there

I have a major project on my hands and I am desperately seeking the exact position of Mrs Macquarie's Chair in Sydney, Australia.

I would love to find this myself but I am currently stuck in rainy, cold and dark Hamburg, Germany.

I have searched Wikipedia, who states some coordinates, and Google Earth but these are not accurate. Also the bench is located under trees so it is impossible to find.

Is there anybody out there that can help me with taking the trip to this famous chair and sending me the exact coordinates, of the middle of the bench.

It will be very much appreciated and I can get on with finishing my project.

In advance, THANK YOU.

Greetings from a Norwegian living in Germany.

Heidi

Dear DonB

Thank you for your reply.

I am afraid the coordinates are not correct.

If you type them into Google Earth you will see you land a couple of metres to far south-west.

I believe the correct position is approximately

Decimal -33.85978 151.22262

DDD MM.MMM S 33° 51.586 E 151° 13.358

DDD MM SS.SSS S 33° 51' 35.1900" E 151° 13' 21.4500"

but I can't tell 100% since this is under a tree, which I by the way would love to chop down temporarily :-), so I can get on with my project.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

Best regards from foggy Hamburg

Heidi

Dear The Spindoctors

I am afraid this is the same coordinates as danieloliveira and I have already been in touch with him.

This position is a bit too far to the north-west, I believe, since you can see the position in Google Earth and there is no bench there.

What I need is the position of the bench. Like if you were sitting in the middle of the bench, where in the world would your lap be :-)

Thank you for you help.

Best regards from Hamburg

Heidi

Dear The Spindoctors

I am afraid this is the same coordinates as danieloliveira and I have already been in touch with him.

This position is a bit too far to the north-west, I believe, since you can see the position in Google Earth and there is no bench there.

What I need is the position of the bench. Like if you were sitting in the middle of the bench, where in the world would your lap be :-)

Thank you for you help.

Best regards from Hamburg

Heidi

Heidi

I live and work in Sydney and I've been there many times. I can tell you that Google Earth is slightly out at this location and the coords I gave you are Mrs Macquarie's chair.

Here's a picture of me sitting on it. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...9d-77971cba3ded

Darren