New to Geocoin and have a question

John_Wallace

Our Mother past away just over a year ago and her name is Halo. A while ago we gave her a Halo Bennie Baby and don't really know what to do with it. My Mother never had the chance to travel except for once and she really enjoyed it, not long after she got sick and passed away.

What I want to do is vacuum seal the bennie baby along with a Geocoin coin and place it in a cache so we could track the travel route. Would this be allowed? Where could I buy a coin if allowed?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I am new to this stuff.

Thanks for all replies

Our Mother past away just over a year ago and her name is Halo. A while ago we gave her a Halo Bennie Baby and don't really know what to do with it. My Mother never had the chance to travel except for once and she really enjoyed it, not long after she got sick and passed away.

What I want to do is vacuum seal the bennie baby along with a Geocoin coin and place it in a cache so we could track the travel route. Would this be allowed? Where could I buy a coin if allowed?

Thanks for all replies

How do you feel about the beanie baby? I would assume that you don't want to lose it and while it could travel for years, it could also disappear within a week and never be heard from again. You might want to release five coins in your mothers honor or if money is an issue, you might want to check out the thread titled "pay it forward" and see if you can get some coins put in her name that way.

Thanks for all replies

How do you feel about the beanie baby? I would assume that you don't want to lose it and while it could travel for years, it could also disappear within a week and never be heard from again. You might want to release five coins in your mothers honor or if money is an issue, you might want to check out the thread titled "pay it forward" and see if you can get some coins put in her name that way.

We first thought about releasing the beanie baby with balloons with a note asking the person that found it to "Pay it forward" by giving it to a loved one. But then decided against the balloon idea. We would be okay with giving the person that found the baby and coin the option to either let it travel with the coin or keep it for a loved one.

I just didn't know if doing this would be allowed with GC. I see there are many coins for sale on this site, ebay and different areas on the internet, can all coins be activated or do they need to be purchased through Geocache.com?

I have seen many stuffed animals as TB...many get this funky odor about them that comes from sitting in a dark musty, sometime damp place. I would think that the vacuum sealing would help in that respect.

In regards to the beanie going missing, I think you wouuld have more of a chance of the coin going missing than the beanie...but if they are vacuum sealed, then I guess they would both go...LOL. You take a chance sending out any trackable that it will go missing (we've had junky McDs toys go AWOL...so it does not really matter what you are sending out...there is always a chance), but I think it is worth it to send it out.

In regards to buying a coin, check out the coin vendors listed in the pinned thread...many carry stock geocoins. Groundspeak also has some in their store. You can purchase one from any of those locations. Ebay is also an option, but I find those prices to be a bit higher than the retail prices offered from the coin vendors.