Yet another test!

Coldgears

About a month ago I had a cache saturation test, where everyone would post how many caches they had within 10 miles from there house. That was a successful thread, almost everyone joined in. As knowschad pointed out, the moral of the test was that people like a good test every once in a while. So here's the sequel. In this test you will post an image of you home area on google maps. This one accomplishes one of two things, one just like the other thread it will allow people to see your saturation, but this time we will have a visual. Secondly, we can see how many caches in your area you have actually found...

I'll start.

Oh and it's best if you use satellite view... Thanks.

Geocachingmap.jpg

Edited by Coldgears

If someone could politely post instructions on how to get that image onto this forum, I'll happily comply :blink:

Either you can upload it to a website like Imageshack or Photobucket or you could upload it as an image to an old log. For example, you could go to an old archived cache you found and upload the image.

If someone could politely post instructions on how to get that image onto this forum, I'll happily comply :blink:

Either you can upload it to a website like Imageshack or Photobucket or you could upload it as an image to an old log. For example, you could go to an old archived cache you found and upload the image.

Or keep an unpublished cache for the same.

Or a travel bug that you own. Personally I would not want people uploading random photos to my cache even if it was archived.

Assuming you're a windoze user, pressing print screen whilst holding the control button. Then open up microsoft photo editor, go to the edit menu at the top, and a "paste as new image" option should show up. Personally, I'd then crop out all the b.s. such as the list of caches on the right side of the page, and the menus and ads on the left side. Then up in the file menu you can "save image as". Then you'll have to upload it to an archived cache page (EDIT TO CLARIFY: You own archived cache page, not someone else's) or Flikr or something, and get the url of the image for posting it here.

Hopefully not too complicated, but after a few times, you can whip through a "screen shot" as it's called, in no time. :huh:

Edited by Mr.Yuck