TB FAQ??

Guest c-troop

Guest c-troop

Hi all,

Ok this has probably been addressed in the past, but I think a TB Faq needs to be created for the sole purpose of educating people that pick up a bug and dont know what to do with it. I have seen several threads lately about missing bugs, not logging them in timely fashion, etc. The problems are valid, and I think the solution would be to provide more info on the www.Groundspeak.com page instead of just the box where you input the TB serial and it takes you to the bug page (which provides more info in most cases, but doesnt explain how to make it all work)

Think of it from an beginners point of view...you type in the www.Groundspeak.com from the TB tag and what do you get....?

People put a lot of thought and effort into creating an interesting travel bug, its a shame to see that some are being lost, heres a few ideas to get this rolling.

1. Put a link to a FAQ on the main page at www.Groundspeak.com (because this is the url on the TB tag)

2. In this FAQ, put info on how the TB should work, including detailed info on how to log it, what to do if you picked it up.. placed it and forgot the serial #, what to do if a cacher picks up the TB hands it off to another cacher, logged it wrong, etc. All scenarios would have to be adressed.

3. Include a blurb regarding the bugs goals, and how to help a bug reach his goal instead of hurt its chances of ever being found again.

4. Give suggestions on what the best type and location of a cache to drop a bug off in.

The last thing I want to do is to bog Jeremy down with additional work...Couldnt we create the FAQ and then submit it for Jeremy's approval, I believe that most if not all of the info has already been touched upon, it would just need to be placed into a "beginner friendly" format.

Maybe something is already out there, and Im not seeing it???

sound like a plan?

suggestions???

C-Troop