Belfair Cache Machine

travisl

The final route is up!

Removed from the previous version are:

Added are:

• GC1W4A7 GC1W4A7 Stumped on Holly
  • GC14M2H GC14M2H Tree Farm: One Degree of Separation (yes, I know it's disabled, but it looks like it might still be there)
  • GC13EQC GC13EQC GPR2 - #5 Prudential
  • GC29VCV GC29VCV Haunted Junkyard
  • GC2K47P GC2K47P It Came From The Other Side

No PRE-event dinner this time -- New Year's Day is a holiday, and Crazy Eric's (yum!) closes at 5:00 PM.

Any further changes to the route will be announced here in the forums, as a note to the POST-event dinner page (put it on your watchlist), and at the starting point (GC1MB74 All Star) on Sunday, just before the 7:15 AM start of the event.

BAD NEWS!

Lake Flora Rd. is closed starting at SR-3. Therefore, you cannot access GC14M2H and GC13EQC.

The only way to get to these two caches is from Sunnyslope Rd. and Glenwood Rd. at Dickerson Rd.

/\/(°w°)\/\

Fledermaus

When your GPS fails, Go Letterboxing!

http://www.atlasquest.com

Guess we won't be getting through there. It's closed because the road washed out.

Those two caches, plus Haunted Junkyard, were a late add-on, and are easy enough to skip. Thanks for the info.

Haunted Junkyard is on Hwy 3. If that is washed out the entire cache machine is washed out. I would suggest that Haunted Junkyard be #1 since you drive right by it on the way into Belfair from Bremeton.

I would suggest the route sequence start as #5, #4, #3, #1, #2 #8 and then continue on from there skipping #6 and #7. Of course if your coming up from Olympia you might want to skip #5 along with #6 and #7.

Guess we won't be getting through there. It's closed because the road washed out.

Those two caches, plus Haunted Junkyard, were a late add-on, and are easy enough to skip. Thanks for the info.

Haunted Junkyard is on Hwy 3. If that is washed out the entire cache machine is washed out. I would suggest that Haunted Junkyard be #1 since you drive right by it on the way into Belfair from Bremeton.

I would suggest the route sequence start as #5, #4, #3, #1, #2 #8 and then continue on from there skipping #6 and #7. Of course if your coming up from Olympia you might want to skip #5 along with #6 and #7.

Changing the starting point this late in the process would result in people starting at both #5 and #1, not that that would be a bad thing.

Changing the starting point this late in the process would result in people starting at both #5 and #1, not that that would be a bad thing.

Well, they can still start at #1, just get a couple caches in early and skipping #6 and #7. :huh:

Well, they can still start at #1, just get a couple caches in early and skipping #6 and #7. :huh:

It may not matter if we have a repeat of the Snolimpia Cache Machine. I think if this keeps up the last folks that leave are going to be able to follow the tracks right to the cache. :)

I misunderstood what you were saying then. I thought you were suggesting 7:15 at #5 and then proceeding through that part of the list backwards.

Regarding Haunted Junkyard, it's still there, but I'm taking it off the route. It's all by itself, requiring a 2.8 mile trip from the rest of the route to get it. Consider stops 5, 6, and 7 deleted from the route. The start point is unchanged. As of this moment, that's the only route change.

Good news, though: THE PRE-EVENT DINNER IS ON!. Dinner at 5:00 PM, Saturday night January 1, will be at Godfathers Pizza, 1700 SE Mile Hill Dr, Port Orchard (roughly at N 47.5329, W 122.6238). It's 12 miles northwest of Belfair, but hey, it's a place to gather on the right side of the Narrows. Special thanks to TumbleweedPirates for scoping this out. Nothing special -- just hang out and eat pizza for a couple hours. Hope to see a lot of you there.

This is last minute, but are there are any campgrounds in the area? Looking for a place to sleep via my car and a campground might be nice. At least to have a fire to cozy up to for a bit before sleep time.

There are a couple near Belfair. I know it was talked about near the top of the thread.

Just so you know, Lake Flora Rd opened back up this afternoon.

Nice. I was under the impression that Bremerton was still trying to figure out how to pay for the repairs. Well, then, I guess stops 5, 6, and 7 are back on the route. I've got a few more changes (including adding your new Sparky the Fire Dog cache), which I'll announce tomorrow night and at the start point.

Last minute changes: nothing removed from the route, but...

Adding:

• GCVMR5 North Mason Travel Bug Chamber N 47° 27.139 W 122° 49.433 (between previous stops 3 and 4)

• GC2KX94 Things I “Hate” About Caching N 47° 28.068 W 122° 48.307 (between previous stops 4 and 5)

• GC2KRG8 Sparky the Fire Dog N 47° 27.613 W 122° 49.629 (between previous stops 7 and 9)

Moved:

• GC116W9 Blue star - Honoring Those Who Serve from old stop 8 to new stop 4.

Also, for dinner tomorrow night, PLEASE be patient with the kitchen and waitstaff. They've got two deep fryers and one grill, and we're going to overwhelm them. They'll have a suggested limited menu that they can turn around quickly, but anything that varies from that may take much longer than usual. Be patient, be kind, and understand that Belfair isn't set up to handle groups of our size.

See you at the pre-event dinner tonight and at the start point (All Star) tomorrow morning at 7:15!

Edited by travisl

The updated book mark is posted, pleas see the dinner event page for the link.

Thanks for keeping the list updated. We all appreciate the work, even though we don't mention it!

Thanks for the kind words. I've had comments that folks find it useful so I enjoy doing it.

Pending a few more caches in Belfair. I hope the reviewers see them in time.

The North Mason Travel Bug Chamber will be up and ready by this afternoon. Just have to replace the container.

I'll be there at tonight's dinner. I'm a little under the weather, so I won't be staying log and germing up the place. :anicute:

No joke, I just got everything loaded including the EC and the new puzzle which I had to solve really quickly. Thanks for putting out a few new ones for us!