2 Garmin 450 Question

motherwright

Hi, I have 3 questions....

First, is there a way to put the Geocaching icon closer to the compass icon or on the same screen.

Second, I marked a way point today. I walked away and then tried to find the waypoint again. I went to "where to", then "waypoints" hit the one I wanted to go to "LB". The hit go....now all I had to follow was a purple line on the maps screen. I dont like that view and want to use the compass view, and I cant figure out how to get there. When I hit compass it went to the compass for the last cache I found.

Third, how do I find the coordinates for the waypoint I just saved? I am sooooooo confused.

I tried looking on the Wiki page and found nothing. I appreciate any help and assistance you all can give me.

Motherwright

(Colleen)

Edited by motherwright

I dunno for sure, but there never was a Colorado 450, nor a Nuvi 450 (there is a Zumo, whatever that is :) )...so I'll take a leap of faith and explain "how to" on the Oregon 450.

To move the icons (page to page, or on the same page)...goto the setup screen, scroll down to "Main Menu", then as you touch 1 icon, then another...they switch places...easy to move them so that you have exactly what you want on each page, and to arrange the order in which you want them displayed.

Did you cancel the navigation to that last cache you found? It should have canceled automatically if you marked the cache as "Found". You get to the Compass Page by just scrolling through all the pages in your main menu...of course if you followed the steps in the above paragraph, then you can, or did put the compass on whichever page you desired.

To look up a waypoint that you just marked (did you name it, or let the Oregon 450 number it sequentially?), goto the "Where To" menu, select Waypoint (the one you just marked, by name)...it will display automatically on the next screen...tap the top of that page inside the "balloon" that identifies the waypoint...and another page will open listing the waypoint name, elevation, distance to/from, date/time marked, and the coordinates. Hope that helps.

Bill

Second, I marked a way point today. I walked away and then tried to find the waypoint again. I went to "where to", then "waypoints" hit the one I wanted to go to "LB". The hit go....now all I had to follow was a purple line on the maps screen. I dont like that view and want to use the compass view, and I cant figure out how to get there. When I hit compass it went to the compass for the last cache I found.

I had problems with this at first on my Oregon 450. I don't remember the exact solution without playing with my GPS, but it has something to do with the Geocaching dashboard. It WANTS to find geocaches that way, not waypoints. You need to switch it to a different dashboard. Then it'll work.

Matter of fact, I don't even use the geocaching dashboard on mine. I think it's always set to recreational, and it does geocaching from there just fine without the downfalls of the geocaching dashboard.

"To move the icons (page to page, or on the same page"

:blink: Thank you so much.....moved everything around.

"Did you cancel the navigation to that last cache you found?"

:huh: yes, I did cancel the navigation to the last cache I found. I marked it found and hit cancel navigation, find another.

:o How do I change to a recreational setting, maybe that will help.

"tap the top of that page inside the "balloon" that identifies the waypoint"

B) That was the best and so easy too. Thank you

:) Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate your taking time with me.

Edited by motherwright