2000 cache?

deb3day

Does anyone know the nearest old cache, one placed in 2000? I am in Chester County and trying to accomplish a challenge cache and need a cache placed in 2000. I don't know of any around here. I started going thru cache pages starting with closest to home not found and got to 100 pages and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

deb3day

Does anyone know the nearest old cache, one placed in 2000? I am in Chester County and trying to accomplish a challenge cache and need a cache placed in 2000. I don't know of any around here. I started going thru cache pages starting with closest to home not found and got to 100 pages and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

deb3day

Hi deb3day,

the oldest cache i know of is in NJ.

GCC8

it was placed Hidden : 11/25/2000.

and there is a birthday bash event for the cache on Sunday, 21 November 2010

GC2H9WB.

they will get together for some cake and then make a pilgrimage to the oldest cache in NJ.

its a long mountain hike from parking to the cache itself. Which is probably why the cache has lasted so long.

I am trying to get a ride to the event on Sunday the 21st and subsequently the the cache.

if you want company let me know, i'd be glad to go with ya.

Edited by Spatial Distortion

Hi deb3day,

the oldest cache i know of is in NJ.

GCC8

it was placed Hidden : 11/25/2000.

and there is a birthday bash event for the cache on Sunday, 21 November 2010

GC2H9WB.

they will get together for some cake and then make a pilgrimage to the oldest cache in NJ.

its a long mountain hike from parking to the cache itself. Which is probably why the cache has lasted so long.

I am trying to get a ride to the event on Sunday the 21st and subsequently the the cache.

if you want company let me know, i'd be glad to go with ya.

Nope, can't do the 21st. My sister is running in the Philadelphia Marathon and I'll be down there on Sunday.

Looks like the Delaware one is the best bet for me. It's 105 miles. Much better than the two in PA.

Yeah, but in Pa. you could get two 2000 caches, only about 40 miles apart! Lots of people grab them both the same day. I tried to, but I sort of had a problem with a large loose Dog in the neighborhood near Stone Wall Stash, who wanted to rip my jugular out. Can't believe I'm the only one who ever had a problem with that. Oh, he was probably hit by a car shortly after I was there or something. :blink:

State Gamelands #109 is really a pretty easy cache, and less than 1/2 mile round trip, mostly on a wide treeless trail. I know you'll most likely go to Delaware, but I figured I'd just throw in my two cents there.

Well, you're in the Mid-Atlantic, so you really should consider a pilgrimage to The Spot some day. No one is ever disappointed there.

Well, you're in the Mid-Atlantic, so you really should consider a pilgrimage to The Spot some day. No one is ever disappointed there.

LIES! YOU ARE FULL OF LIES!

We were disappointed not to be able to make Novac's anniversary event here
I was disappointed because I work weekends and that was when all the 10 year celebrations were happening
There were no TBs in there, should have been four according to the inventory. Was disappointed about that

That place sounds flat-out miserable.

Yes this is tongue in cheek

LIES! YOU ARE FULL OF LIES!

We were disappointed not to be able to make Novac's anniversary event here
I was disappointed because I work weekends and that was when all the 10 year celebrations were happening
There were no TBs in there, should have been four according to the inventory. Was disappointed about that

Well yeah, you got me, I suppose, if you do a search for the word "disappointed" in all the logs. :blink:

It's an above average cache, in a very cool location. There are better traditional ammo box caches out there, though. It's the whole 16th placed (and 5th oldest existing) cache in the world thing, I guess.

Well yeah, you got me, I suppose, if you do a search for the word "disappointed" in all the logs. :angry:

It's an above average cache, in a very cool location. There are better traditional ammo box caches out there, though. It's the whole 16th placed (and 5th oldest existing) cache in the world thing, I guess.

It's been on my list for a long while, I just haven't figured out how to get there. It seems so close when I look on a map of the US, but no matter how I slice it I think I'm looking at a 12-hour round trip.

Well yeah, you got me, I suppose, if you do a search for the word "disappointed" in all the logs. :anibad:

It's been on my list for a long while, I just haven't figured out how to get there. It seems so close when I look on a map of the US, but no matter how I slice it I think I'm looking at a 12-hour round trip.

You can swing by it on your way to Geowoodstock next year.