Royal Wedding Geocoin?

PeakFault

We all know there will be tons of memorabilia for Prince Williams wedding, like mugs, plates and probably a £5 coin!

So why not get some coins that are actually useful (cos no-one ever uses those £5coins!!)

Anyone for a William and Kate Geocoin?

Edited by TheGoodNorth

We all know there will be tons of memorabilia for Prince Williams wedding, like mugs, plates and probably a £5 coin!

So why not get some coins that are actually useful (cos no-one ever uses those £5coins!!)

Who knows, if the happy couple were to receive a coin and take up geocaching as a result, perhaps we could see the ban on caching in the Royal Parks overturned?

Better make the coin in two parts so it can be separated at a later date. Just in case .....

When I heard DC announce yesterday that it was a "great day for the country" I thought he'd solved the financial crisis without us all having to resort to living in cardboard boxes. But no, just another wedding for us all to pay for.

I came on here to get away from all the royal wedding drivel....and what do i find! :-(

Sorry! :)

That apology isn't grovelling enough. You tricked this poor person into reading your thread when clearly he has no interest in the wedding. I think you cunningly titled it 'Royal Wedding Geocoin' so that people would have no idea what it was about.......

Exactly! I had to go home from work as I was sooooo Angry. On the plus side I did solve a puzzle cache in anger :D:D

This is a lesson to us all - Forum post Titles should be accurate :D

GoodNorth - Sorry, I was a bit Grumpy this morning :D

You should get plenty of takers..especially from across the Pond.

a friend of mine from the States just emailed me to say that the media over there is going BONKERS about the engagement. I think you're right that they possibly care more about it "over there" than we do over here!

Perhaps they could sell tickets to them over the pond to finance it? :)

I came on here to get away from all the royal wedding drivel....and what do i find! :-(

Sorry! :)

That apology isn't grovelling enough. You tricked this poor person into reading your thread when clearly he has no interest in the wedding. I think you cunningly titled it 'Royal Wedding Geocoin' so that people would have no idea what it was about.......

Exactly! I had to go home from work as I was sooooo Angry. On the plus side I did solve a puzzle cache in anger :D:D

This is a lesson to us all - Forum post Titles should be accurate :D

GoodNorth - Sorry, I was a bit Grumpy this morning :D

Too late. I can hear the sound of your invite being ripped up right the way across London. :)

A royal coin would be like marmite - people will either love them or hate them.

And Dorset Gal is right - it would be easy for something like this to look incrediby tacky.

Personally it's not for me - like many others I will be doing my best to avoid an media coverage of this which is bound to be excessive. I wish them well like I would any young couple, but I don't want it all rammed down my throat for the next 6 months.

Anyone up for an event on a remote island somewhere on the day of the wedding?? :blink::huh:

Better make the coin in two parts so it can be separated at a later date. Just in case .....

When I heard DC announce yesterday that it was a "great day for the country" I thought he'd solved the financial crisis without us all having to resort to living in cardboard boxes. But no, just another wedding for us all to pay for.

Haha! I don't know why he looked so smug when he announced it. And he said something along the lines of "everyone was banging on the cabinet table" - sounds an excessive reaction to an engagement in my opinion. Animals.

GoodNorth - Sorry, I was a bit Grumpy this morning :blink:

No need to apologise at all :huh:

Perhaps seeing as it's Mega Wales at some point and William will be the next Prince of Wales (heck, his army helmet read "Wales" rather than "Windsor"), perhaps a run of coins could be made to commemorate the event and generate funds for the mega at the same time?

Regardless, I'll want a coin!